Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default question for Sander

I read years ago about a Dutch activity/sport called mudwalking.
Apparently, Holland has lowland, actually below sea level marshes, where a
man walking sinks into a combination of water, mud, marsh, sand, and silt,
sometimes up to his neck. Terrain of this sort connects a number of islands
and peninsulas. There are foot races between these outcrops of land.
Supposedly, the sport is dominated by very tall men, as they can pass
through terrain that shorter individuals cannot.

Is this an accurate description of the sport? Is it still popular? Is it
highly competitive?

In England, they have the Fens runners; foot races compete through marshy
terrain, though above sea level. Races go on for days.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

"Robert Morein" said:

I read years ago about a Dutch activity/sport called mudwalking.
Apparently, Holland has lowland, actually below sea level marshes, where a
man walking sinks into a combination of water, mud, marsh, sand, and silt,
sometimes up to his neck. Terrain of this sort connects a number of islands
and peninsulas. There are foot races between these outcrops of land.
Supposedly, the sport is dominated by very tall men, as they can pass
through terrain that shorter individuals cannot.

Baloney, Slick.
That's what you get when you believe the fairy-tales of the
tweako-freako fringe contingent.

Haw haw haw.

Is this an accurate description of the sport? Is it still popular? Is it
highly competitive?

Dunno, I drive a Citroen.

In England, they have the Fens runners; foot races compete through marshy
terrain, though above sea level. Races go on for days.

They also drink tea with milk. Bloody freaks.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Goofball_star_dot_etal

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:24:45 -0500, "Robert Morein"
wrote:

I read years ago about a Dutch activity/sport called mudwalking.
Apparently, Holland has lowland, actually below sea level marshes, where a
man walking sinks into a combination of water, mud, marsh, sand, and silt,
sometimes up to his neck. Terrain of this sort connects a number of islands
and peninsulas. There are foot races between these outcrops of land.
Supposedly, the sport is dominated by very tall men, as they can pass
through terrain that shorter individuals cannot.

Is this an accurate description of the sport? Is it still popular? Is it
highly competitive?

In England, they have the Fens runners; foot races compete through marshy
terrain, though above sea level. Races go on for days.

Perhaps one would like bog snorkelling.
http://llanwrtyd-wells.powys.org.uk/bog.html
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

news
wrote:

I read years ago about a Dutch activity/sport called mudwalking.
Apparently, Holland has lowland, actually below sea level marshes, where a
man walking sinks into a combination of water, mud, marsh, sand, and silt,
sometimes up to his neck. Terrain of this sort connects a number of
islands
and peninsulas. There are foot races between these outcrops of land.
Supposedly, the sport is dominated by very tall men, as they can pass
through terrain that shorter individuals cannot.

Is this an accurate description of the sport? Is it still popular? Is it
highly competitive?

In England, they have the Fens runners; foot races compete through marshy
terrain, though above sea level. Races go on for days.

Perhaps one would like bog snorkelling.
http://llanwrtyd-wells.powys.org.uk/bog.html

I take it the losers eventually become lumps of coal?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Goofy said:

I take it the losers eventually become lumps of coal?

Don't listen to Mickey.

..... said the guy with a mouse in his pocket.