Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

Default Devil's Own Saucerer Strikes at Gay Wedding, invents Hot Pink Tagliatelli "Blush"

Coupla gay mates from my days in the theatre are getting hooked and
have asked me to devise a pink theme meal.

The difficult thing is actually a pale pink sauce that tastes like
something on warm food.This is my solution, here described for the
complete dish I made on trial at home for my family:

Lay out and prepare the ingredients for tagliatelli with chicken in a
white sauce plus a bottle of rose wine and some not too-sharp grated
cheese (I used Wensleydale but Emmenthal will be good); for an even
more delicate shade of pink I used a white grenache that in the USA is
sold in supermarkets as "California Blush".

Wash, cut off fat, slice chicken breasts into strips. While boiling
tagliatelli, brown chicken strips lightly in a little plain olive oil
(turn heat very high to heat oil, then turn heat low, then drop in
strips); at same time make sauce. Start with flower and butter, use
half the normal quantity of nutmeg and mustard to preserve the slightly
sweet taste of the wine. Add milk first. Whisk, bring to boil, thicken.
Dissolve stock cube (chicken is good) in wine. Turn down heat. Add wine
with stock cube plus cheese and heat through without boiling. Add more
wine or milk to make a thinish sauce; the cheese will make it stick to
the pasta. (Note that there is no egg in this sauce.) Add chicken
pieces to sauce. Drain tagliatelli and serve.

This is for a very pale pink sauce, which I rather aptly, considering
its purpose, call "Blush". If you want the sauce a darker pink, make it
with a sweetish red like Mas Amiel.

Andre Jute
PS This is of course on-topic. Hi-fi is culture. You can't be cultured
unless you can cook.
PSS This thread *requires* to be crossposted. There are many cultured
audiophiles on UKRA, and most of the gays in audio appear to be on RAO,
whereas we on RAT don't want to be backward in sharing... er... better
leave it there!

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Andre Jute wrote:
PS This is of course on-topic. Hi-fi is culture. You can't be cultured
unless you can cook.
PSS This thread *requires* to be crossposted. There are many cultured
audiophiles on UKRA, and most of the gays in audio appear to be on RAO,
whereas we on RAT don't want to be backward in sharing... er... better
leave it there!

We're attending a gay 'wedding' next month. This legal affirmation of a
pairing is new in the UK. And the two guys - Pete and Dek - are just the
nicest blokes you'd ever find.

--
*The statement below is true.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Bret Ludwig

I believe in freedom of choice. They can choose to put their dicks up
each other and I can choose to stay away from them.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: "Bret Ludwig"
Date: 6 Feb 2006 17:03:10 -0800

I believe in freedom of choice. They can choose to put their dicks up
each other and I can choose to stay away from them.

It's all about sex, isn't it?

Moron.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Bret Ludwig

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Bret Ludwig

From: "Bret Ludwig"
Date: 6 Feb 2006 17:03:10 -0800

I believe in freedom of choice. They can choose to put their dicks up
each other and I can choose to stay away from them.

It's all about sex, isn't it?

What did you think, it was about interior decorating? Stephen
Sondheim? That's why they're called homosexuals, not homodecorators
or homoshowtunephiles.

Moron.

Douchebag.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: "Bret Ludwig"
Date: 6 Feb 2006 17:09:54 -0800

From: "Bret Ludwig"
Date: 6 Feb 2006 17:03:10 -0800

I believe in freedom of choice. They can choose to put their dicks up
each other and I can choose to stay away from them.

It's all about sex, isn't it?

What did you think, it was about interior decorating? Stephen
Sondheim? That's why they're called homosexuals, not homodecorators
or homoshowtunephiles.

So heterosexuals only marry in order to have sex. Brillant.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

So heterosexuals only marry in order to have sex. Brillant.

Careful with this one....

Homosexuals cannot reproduce.... at least with each other.

Sex is the typical (but not only) means to that end. So, at one very
basic, rigid, one-dimensional level, sex between two individuals with
no potential for reproduction is meaningless. Now as human beings, we
have evolved well beyond pure tropism. We hope. But be careful what you
wish for.

Just a thought.

Generally people 'marry' for reasons well beyond mere sex. Reproduction
(or the potential thereof) is one of the larger reasons. Not by any
means the only one, but when you play the _only reason_ game it can
reach out and bite back. Bite-backs are equal-opportunity offenders,
and a game best not played.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

A tiny bit of grenadine syrup does not go amiss and adds a bit of
sharpness to overcome the sugar-sweetness of the wine without crushing
it. About one-half (1/2 tbsp.) tablespoon per 75gm/3oz. of chicken. And
it helps the color nicely. Does nicely with nutmeg and mustard.

Test separately, of course (one drop grenadine to a teaspoon of the
base sauce). It is not to every taste.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

said:

A tiny bit of grenadine syrup does not go amiss and adds a bit of
sharpness to overcome the sugar-sweetness of the wine

Are you insane? Seriously. Grenadine is 50% sugar.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

Are you insane? Seriously. Grenadine is 50% sugar.

At least.

Have you ever tasted pure the pure syrup (Pomegranate) without sugar?
Not much is used, and the residual has quite a snap to it. Clearly you
do not cook much.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

George M. Middius wrote:
said:

A tiny bit of grenadine syrup does not go amiss and adds a bit of
sharpness to overcome the sugar-sweetness of the wine

Are you insane? Seriously. Grenadine is 50% sugar.

We call him "Useless Wiecky". This is another example of why. Useless
is always speaking out of turn, trying to pretend he belongs. He's
clearly not a cook either. Sugared-up extract of pomegranate, ugh. Not
in my kitchen!

That's almost always the way the kitchen closet wannabes give
themselves away: they think it is smart to cook with something fancy.
Real cooks use everyday ingredients, but only the best and the
freshest.

When I was a student, before going out clubbing I'd put a dozen eggs
and a bottle of olive oil in a nautilus shell into the ten-gallon
parafin tin with the top cut off that rode permanently in the boot of
my car. In the dawn we'd sober up by diving for lobster off Cape
Agulhas, where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans crash together. We'd fill
the tin with seawater and build a fire of driftwood under it. I'd whip
up the mayonnaise on the spot in the nautilus shell. You had to be
quick with those lobsters or you could be minus a finger. More than one
girl told me that she loved me not so much for my undoubted good looks
and extravagant charm but for this Darwinian demonstration of my
ability to provide a superb meal when all the shops and restaurants
were closed. Me Tarzan... Later I built a holiday house on the exact
spot I used to dive from even though I had an apartment overlooking the
city only half an hour away right next door to one of the great hotels
of the world -- in fact I had a side door knocked into their garden to
shorten excursions to their restaurant. Nostagia is a fine thing, of
course, but I'm only demonstrating that you don't need much to provide
an excellent meal, as long as everything is fresh and of the best
quality. (1)

Which doesn't include grenadine syrup!

Andre Jute

(1) Didn't we once have some poncey art-house film buffs on these
conferences? In all my life I've seen perhaps a single handful of
worthwhile films at film festivals, and of them one starred Robert
Redford (a really good film in which played a halfbreed -- uncommercial
because he is killed in the end) and one was a big-budget glossy French
movie, neither of which actually belonged in festivals among the cheap
dross. The French big-budget movie was uncommercial because all its
characters were unsympathetic and came to a bad end. It was called
Lacombe, Lucien. The most memorable scene was of the eponymous
protagonist chasing farmyard chickens until he caught one; he knocked
its head right off with the stick he carried. I interviewed the
director (whose name I don't remember), who told me the chicken episode
was "both social realism and political satire". I thought it was a
cookery class. Chicken doesn't get any fresher than that!

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Eiron

Andre Jute wrote:

Coupla gay mates from my days in the theatre are getting hooked and
have asked me to devise a pink theme meal.

The difficult thing is actually a pale pink sauce that tastes like
something on warm food.This is my solution, here described for the
complete dish I made on trial at home for my family:

Lay out and prepare the ingredients for tagliatelli with chicken in a
white sauce plus a bottle of rose wine and some not too-sharp grated
cheese (I used Wensleydale but Emmenthal will be good)

Since when has Emmenthal been anything like Wensleydale?
They're as different as chalk and cheese.

I see that there is no recipe given, just a few hints. Not that it matters,
as most of us learned how to make a sauce at mother's knee, but it will
doubtless lead to a long series of articles starting with SAUCE 101 and
a series of threads started by new sockpuppets explaining how Andre has
saved their lives and marriages.

--
Eiron

I have no spirit to play with you; your dearth of judgment renders you
tedious - Ben Jonson.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

George:

You are a worthy acolyte for Mr. McCoy. That about covers it, as far as
I am concerned.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

It is worthy of note, that among heterosexuals, those without children tend
to have the longer marriages, IIRC.

So while procreation may be a reason to marry, it is hardly neccessary, and
has little to do with how happy and well adjusted the couple will be.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

Let's try this again.

Note the original ingredients include mustard _and_ nutmeg. Note that
the original poster stated "1/2 the usual amount of nutmeg" and why.
This is basic chemistry more-so than anything else, and about as
obvious as what happens when tarragon and black pepper are mixed in a
sauce? And why adding a dry, sweet, or worked wine makes a significant
difference to those results? (Do you even know what a 'worked' wine
is?)

So, straight pomegranate juice would turn things pretty bitter in a
hurry, and combine badly with the resinous background flavor of the
nutmeg (one assumes fresh nutmeg, of course). However, grenadine,
lightly applied does none of that, does combine aptly with the nutmeg
and does add to the color, thereby also widening the choices of wine
used in favor of some more flavorful (and dryer) whites rather than
most nearly-tasteless blushes and pink wines.

You will also note that I suggested testing it first. It really is not
for everyone, but the combination with nutmeg enhances that effect
while reducing the sometimes-overly strong resin effect. In most cases,
dry nutmeg is fit only for bad egg-nog and cheap rum.

You really don't cook much, do you?

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

Half the usual amount of mustard as well, which is half of none at all
unless you want the guests to have 50dB of global negative feedback,
of which the OP would definitely not approve.

As I have said elsewhe

De gustibus non est disputandum.

For Mr. McCoy, loosely translated as: There is no accounting for taste.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

Andre Jute wrote:

When I was a student, before going out clubbing I'd put a dozen eggs
and a bottle of olive oil in a nautilus shell into the ten-gallon
parafin tin with the top cut off that rode permanently in the boot of
my car.

Pardon me for interrupting, but what exactly
is the "boot" of a car?

bk

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

Trunk to the Brits.
Bonnet = hood

And so forth.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

said:

Pardon me for interrupting, but what exactly
is the "boot" of a car?

You can really feel the potholes in the Outback.