bj

Default my Red 7 has broken?

I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro

it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

my Red7 is broken?

thanks
Scott Dorsey

bj wrote:
I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro

it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

my Red7 is broken?

I can't imagine anything much brighter than the Mackie...

hank alrich

bj wrote:

I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

It doesn't necessarily follow that the Red 7 sounds just like the Red 1.
Did you audition the Red 7 before buying? Are you using the same mic
with both preamps?

when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro
it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

Hey, already it sounds better to me. g Mackie pres can be pretty
bright, to the point of brittle if one isn't careful setting gain.

my Red7 is broken?

Perhaps not, but how many variables have you here?

--
ha
Animix

Is the compressor circuit engaged on the Red7? This can change the timbre of
the preamp quite a bit, depending on the setting...........alos, the Red7
has an exciter circuit to bblend in more top end if heavy compression is
needed.

DJ

"bj" wrote in message
om...
I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie

vlzpro

it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

my Red7 is broken?

thanks

Ty Ford

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:24:45 -0400, hank alrich wrote
(in article ):

bj wrote:

I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

It doesn't necessarily follow that the Red 7 sounds just like the Red 1.
Did you audition the Red 7 before buying? Are you using the same mic
with both preamps?

when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro
it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

Hey, already it sounds better to me. g Mackie pres can be pretty
bright, to the point of brittle if one isn't careful setting gain.

my Red7 is broken?

Perhaps not, but how many variables have you here?

--
ha

Last time I checked the red 2 and red 7 don't sound alike.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

hank alrich

Ty Ford wrote:

hank alrich:

bj wrote:

I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

It doesn't necessarily follow that the Red 7 sounds just like the Red 1.
Did you audition the Red 7 before buying? Are you using the same mic
with both preamps?

when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro
it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

Hey, already it sounds better to me. g Mackie pres can be pretty
bright, to the point of brittle if one isn't careful setting gain.

my Red7 is broken?

Perhaps not, but how many variables have you here?

Last time I checked the red 2 and red 7 don't sound alike.

I see. Thank you. Let me enter that variable in the "what's up with
this" equation over here and see what's derived...

Okay, we've got it. The answer is "Whoops".

--
ha