Posted to rec.audio.high-end
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Behringer Equalizer

you will want to listen to be sure, but in theory, you will introduce more
sampling noise if you put it in the output where volume controls affect the
signal than in the input - what used to be standard practice was to take
"tape out" and route that to the equalizer, and then take the equalizer
output and send it to "tape in", in that manner you could bypass it or not
and it saw a high level unattenuated signal. I have no clue if your
technics device has such inputs/outputs but you may wish to consider
checking for them or their equivalent.

wrote in message
I posted this once before to get some opinions but the thread got
hijacked.
Thought I'd try again and add high-end to see if anyone over there
might
have advice. I got a behringer 8024 equalizer I wanted to play around
with.
I'm still waiting for a mic cable I ordered before experimenting so I
have
not done anything yet. I'm not interested in hearing about the
pro/cons/flaws/etc in attempting to equalize a room, thanks but please
take it elsewhere.

I'm using a technics surround sound processor (sh-ac500d) as a pre-
amp /
input selector. All my inputs to it are digital. It also is my
volume
control. The logical place to put the equalizer is after it of
course. But
that will be in the attenuated signal. I'm wondering if this is an
issue
because the behringer converts to digital internally? I'm using an
active
crossover with a couple adcoms downstream so I don't have any other
good
alternative volume controls.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

Thanks, I'm thinking that will be my problems as well. The surround sound
processor only has the 5 surround sound outputs, three digital inputs and a
set of 5 pass through inputs. Nothing that would be considered a tape
in/out.