Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] drew046@gmail.com is offline

Default New car warranty vs. aftermarket electronics installation

Hello Group

We are not familiar w/ your group. We've looked @ your FAQs & didn't
see anything about our questions. We are in the market for a
new car. The Madza3 is one of our top choices Being old farts we want
a built in GPS & 'Back Up Camera'. The Mazda 3 only offers factory
GPS. If we were to have after market built in GPS & Back up camera
installed, would that affect the warranty on the car?

Is the correct group to ask this of? And if not, could you be so kind
as to refer us to a better group for this type of question.

Thank you very much, Drew
Posted to rec.audio.car
DJ NoMore DJ NoMore is offline

wrote:
Hello Group

We are not familiar w/ your group. We've looked @ your FAQs & didn't
see anything about our questions. We are in the market for a
new car. The Madza3 is one of our top choices Being old farts we want
a built in GPS & 'Back Up Camera'. The Mazda 3 only offers factory
GPS. If we were to have after market built in GPS & Back up camera
installed, would that affect the warranty on the car?

Is the correct group to ask this of? And if not, could you be so kind
as to refer us to a better group for this type of question.

Thank you very much, Drew

Generally, by law, a dealership CAN NOT say that you voided your factory
warranty for vehicle modifications unless your modifications caused the
said part to fail.

For example: if you turbo your Mazda 3 and the engine throws a rod, you
will more than likely have voided your warranty. On the other hand, if
you change out your radio and your engine throws a rod, you should not
have any warranty issues.

Lastly, here in the US, you are protected by The Magnuson Moss Warranty
Act 15 U.S.C. 2302(C) which requires that if you are turned down for
warranty work due to a mod you have done; then the dealer (or whomever)
must be able to prove that the mod caused the failure. If not they are
liable to honor the warranty.
Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] drew046@gmail.com is offline

Thank you for the various answers. It has given us a great deal more
understanding, Drew