Posted to rec.audio.high-end
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Food for Thought

snip

A lot of "CD-ites" will tell you that you prefer vinyl because you like
the
"rituals" associated with LP listening: the careful slipping of the disc
out
of it's cover and carefully holding it by the rim with the thumb and the
label area with the rest of the hand as one gingerly places it on the
turntable. The ritual of placing the record clamp on the record, running
the
record brush over the surface, or squeezing the trigger of the anti-static
gun, cleaning the stylus with a stylus brush and painting it with
"Stylast"
-all of which rituals engender an anticipation that's lost when dropping a
CD
into the tray of the player. I think it's more than that, but these
rituals
COULD be at least part of the story.

personally, I DESPISE the effort to listen to an LP, which is why I use CDs
even when the sound is clearly inferior.

Food for Thought Sonnova High End Audio 35 October 3rd 08 02:20 AM
Food for Thought William Noble High End Audio 2 September 28th 08 03:37 AM
Oil For Food? Lionel Audio Opinions 0 October 16th 04 10:01 PM
More food for thought Sandman Audio Opinions 3 January 25th 04 08:50 PM