Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

Default WHY STEWART PINKERTON IS UNRELIABLE: 4. PINKERTON LIES ON PROFESSIONAL MATTERS FOR PERSONAL REASONS

WHY STEWART PINKERTON IS UNRELIABLE

4. PINKERTON LIES ON PROFESSIONAL MATTERS FOR PERSONAL REASONS
Pinkerton doesn't like me; he is clearly a bully and I make a point
of leaving hairy footprints on bullies when they are foolish enough to
throw themselves against my ankles. Besides the KISS tube project, I
also published the miniGainBrick, a solid state amp, a schematic and
two articles. About the circuit and the two provocative articles
Pinkerton said not a word because he was probably starting to suspect
that they were a trap. But a foolish engineer (or engineering
hanger-on) called Ancient Hacker rushed in and tried to support
Pinkerton with a swathe of allegations of ignorance and incompetence
about the miniGainBrick. Pinkerton was now put in the position of
either having to admit that I committed all these "errors" under
his nose, indeed saying "in your face" every hour on the hour,
without him noticing, or having to prove the Old Hack wrong and me
right. One example will suffice. The Old Hack screeched that an
impedance I claimed would be more than 10K under all circumstances
would be less. Pinkerton was forced to admit that the impedance would
be about 25K. In other words, I was right and the Old Hack lied. But
Pinkerton wrote this and other specific replies to the old Hack's
allegations in such a manner as to imply that I was wrong all the same.
That's a lie already. Where he could not do that, Pinkerton skipped
over swathes of allegations with generic nastiness. That's another
lie. We know Pinkerton committed these lies knowingly and
intentionally: when his claque on rec.audio.opinion screeched that
"Pinkerton proved Jute wrong", Pinkerton didn't correct them.
This might seem a petty set of dishonesties on Pinkerton's part but,
for a start, they are lies on professional engineering matters
committed for reasons of personal dislike. Even more disturbingly, they
are dangerous lies on a tube conference, where people work with
hundreds of volts at currents approaching those in the electric chair.
The example above is about resistances in parallel. Resistors are the
components over which voltage is dropped, often being dangerous on one
side of the voltage divider and safe on the other. Pinkerton, by
implying I was wrong when I was right, was sowing doubt in the minds of
those without the confidence and experience to conclude from his
behaviour that this "engineer" is a malicious, dangerous liar,
people who will believe him, will do the calculation some other wrong
way, and thereby endanger themselves and others. Pinkerton will no
doubt have some smart comment when they kill themselves. But he will be
guilty all the same and his reason will be the petty one that he
didn't like someone who resisted when Pinkerton invaded his hobby.

Andre Jute

Part of a series of articles:
WHY STEWART PINKERTON IS UNRELIABLE
1. BACKGROUND
2. THE STATISTICS OF MALICE
3. PINKERTON'S IGNORANCE OF THE BASICS
4. PINKERTON LIES ON PROFESSIONAL MATTERS FOR PERSONAL REASONS
5. CONCLUSION

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

After 100 hours on public view on the internet, the facts above stand
unchallenged: Pinkerton, who claims to be an engineer, and who cites an
engineering degree as his justification for his invasions of other
people's space to harass them on behalf of his solid state fixation,
lied about professional electronic matters to gain a personal
advantage.

Andre Jute