Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Please identify these pcb materials

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:02:54 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Phildo" wrote in message
"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

Else, based on nothing but the photos cited above, I'd
have to agree that the QSC sure looks like it is using
phenolic circuit boards.

As you can see from the photos, the larger QSC board
requires many more standoffs to support the larger size
and/or lower strength of the phenol-paper board

Told you so. Are you man enough to admit you were wrong
now Graham?

There's no need for Graham to admit any errors in this regard, as he made no
errors. The QSC circiut cards are obviously made of a polyester/glass
cloth/paper laminate circuit card material that has been widely used for at
least 30 years. Any claims that they are made up of phenolic are in error.

You're way over your head Phildo, when you start playing expert about
electronics circuits and equipment construction.

There's another kind of cheap laminate that's essentially chopped
glass fibers - not cloth - and epoxy or polyester resin, sort of the
stuff they make cheap motorboats out of with a chopper gun.
Electrically, it's not bad, and it's popular for medium-quality apps
because it can make decent plated-through holes but can also be
punched. I'm not sure what it's called. A cross-section does look
white.

Thanks John, I wasn't aware of that one. Do you know of any example of phenolic
board that isn't brown in colour btw ?

Damn, you audio guys just like to argue, and it seems like any subject
will do. Sad.

More than the designers in s.e.d ? :~)

---
Yeah, since it seems that on sed you're the one who's always the
****ing troublemaker trying to start **** and attract attention to
yourself no matter what. I've taken this reply off of the
sci.electronics.* groups, where it doesn't belong and left it on the
rec.audio.* groups where it seems to. Why don't you try doing the
same thing since no one here (sed) really gives a **** about your
stupid ****ing opinions and your rabid anti-Americanism, you
miserable piece of ****.

--