islandjeepman

Default first install

I am going to add a sub and amp to my OEM Jeep radio. I understand that
there are no line-level outs on the radio, only speaker outs. The amp
(Blaupunkt) came with an adapter to run from the speaker outs to the
amp-ins. Can I jump these wires into the wiring harness? Do I need some
type of adapter? Do I have to splice into the speaker wires? The
Crutchfield guide does not show much here.

I am very conversant with home sterio. I just don't want to mess this up,
as it is my first time doing more than replacing speakers. This will be a
"temporary" install until I get the Eclipse HU with real outputs, so I dont
want to do all sorts of rewiring if I do not have to.

Tha Ghee

"islandjeepman" wrote in message
I am going to add a sub and amp to my OEM Jeep radio. I understand that
there are no line-level outs on the radio, only speaker outs. The amp
(Blaupunkt) came with an adapter to run from the speaker outs to the
amp-ins. Can I jump these wires into the wiring harness? Do I need some
type of adapter? Do I have to splice into the speaker wires? The
Crutchfield guide does not show much here.

I am very conversant with home sterio. I just don't want to mess this up,
as it is my first time doing more than replacing speakers. This will be a
"temporary" install until I get the Eclipse HU with real outputs, so I

dont
want to do all sorts of rewiring if I do not have to.

which spks. are you running with the amp??

stuart69427

The way I understand it is this:

You take the speaker level outs from your head unit and into the amp o
the speaker level in. You no longer can use the speaker level to th
original speaker(s) they went to. I am not sure though, as I hav
never used speaker level inputs.

Might as well wait until you can buy a head unit as well, or buy th
head unit first
-
stuart6942
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17160

devils27

well if its just for the sub then ya run it right off the harness. i
its for all the speakers u would have to take the speaker outputs fro
the back of the oem deck and connect them 2 the adpters then put e
into the amp speaker input. then from the other end of the amp put th
speaker outputs to the rest of the speakers. which means runnin th
speaker wires 2 all 4/6 speakers in the ca
-
devils2