Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The New Thurgood Marshall

The New Thurgood Marshall

Posted by Bob on July 4, 2009 at 4:35 pm

"There was a guy named Bill who saw the Punch And Judy puppet show for the first time. Punch is a puppet. He was being manipulated by a puppeteer who was himself repeating the lines of a show that is over five hundred years old.

Punch kills his wife. Punch kills his baby. Punch kills a policeman.

Bill got up and screamed at Punch. He tried to attack Punch and tear
the puppet up, but the crowd restrained him.

Above all, he kept yelling that Punch was insane.

Finally some nice guys in white coats came along and took Bill off to
where he could get a long rest and some helpful drugs.

I get the same feeling when I hear people, in all seriousness,
attacking Obama.

Seriously. It gives me the creeps.

Sure, it’s my racial “prejudice” talking. But the reason I was
considered prejudiced was that, unlike the Yankees back then, I
actually KNEW blacks. I was raised with them, I led them in Africa, I
worked with black members of the Senior Executive Service in
Washington. They were PREjudiced. I was POSTjudiced.

I remember when Thurgood Marshall “led” the NAACP lawyers in the Brown
arguments. It was his picture on the cover of Time Magazine.

It was Marshall, not any of the legal team that did the thinking in
the Brown case, who was appointed to the Supreme Court. Woodward’s
book on the Supreme Court described Justice Marshall, as one reviewer
put it, “as a stereotypical lazy Negro.”

You know how everybody says that when they retire they are going to
write a book or pursue a hobby they didn’t have time for before? Well,
a reporter was astonished when he asked Marshall what he was going to
do when he retired. Marshall replied, “I’m going to sit on my ass.”

That was the one remark Marshall made that was original with him and I
LIKED it. But the point is, Marshall was the token Negro in the NAACP
legal team. The NAACP did not have a black president until the 1960s,
when it took an actual floor rebellion to finally elect a black
president after sixty years.

Blacks are excellent at repeating lines. But the idea that Marshall or
Obama ever said anything for themselves is absurd. When I hear people
seriously attacking Obama personally it gives me a creepy feeling.

They’re exactly like old Bill above.

They need HELP."

http://www.whitakeronline.org/blog/2...good-marshall/

Marshall amp question Mick Pro Audio 87 December 17th 06 09:38 AM
marshall el34 100/100 chillewille Vacuum Tubes 1 November 18th 06 11:37 PM
Marshall amp footswitch circuit xerosphere Tech 0 March 2nd 06 08:50 PM
Jim Marshall Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE Vacuum Tubes 0 November 16th 04 11:52 AM
Marshall Stack Amp Sim Ben Marshall Pro Audio 12 October 23rd 03 03:12 AM