Berlinwall5985

Default Help!!!!!

I just hooked up my system today and the damn thing doesn't work o
barely work if it does. This is what I have so you know: Alpine 980
HU, 2 12" Blaupunkt Overdrive subs ( 4-ohm DVC), and the Tsunam
DB1100.1 amp. I hooked up everything and the amp powers up, but doe
not put out anything to the subs....at all. The amp has two setups. On
is master and then you can tune the sub, and one is slave where you ca
hooked up two tsunami amps. At first, I had it wired up so that the su
output RCA's from the HU were connected to it and it was set fo
master. Lights come on, no protect light, no sounds from the subs. I'v
tried turning the gains up, messing with the crossovers, turning th
subsonic fliter on and off, nothing. I turned the subwoofer output o
the HU on and turned the subwoofer volume up, still nothing. I the
tried to run an RCA from the output of m usacoustic 4085 amp to the on
single RCA input labeled slave and switched the tsunami amp from maste
to slave. It got some sound, very low, and it was playing voices an
what not. I tried turning up the gains and everything, very littl
volume from the subs. I then hooked up m old american legacy 4-ch am
just to see if the tsunami was the problem. I hooked that up with th
subwoofer outputs from the HU and turned the gains all the way up (It'
not a very powerful amp) and it worked, but the volume was real lo
just like the tsunami. I have each sub wired for a 2 ohm load and whe
put in the two outputs of the tsunami, it should equal 1-ohm load. I'v
double checked everything and I can't figure it out. Any ideas on wha
it could be??? I need some help
-
Berlinwall598
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=16667

lbridges

what is the Alpine subwoofer setting at. I'm not familiar with you
model, but my 7995 has settings running from 0 to +15. In some weir
marketing ploy Alpine has hosed this up. The +15 is really runnin
"straight" to the sub. The 0 setting is minus 15dB, a seriou
reduction in power to the sub.

Next thing is to break out a VOM and check power levels across the
and - leads at the amp. I've been fooled by a poor ground - my amp li
up fine, but sound was seriously down
-
lbridge
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=16667

Berlinwall5985

I tried turning that all the way up....nothing.....I've tried everythin
and I can't figure it out.....where should I check the voltage at t
figure out if my ground is poor. See, the thing is, I used that powe
and ground on a another amp to run my speakers and it worked fine. N
problems there.....Ican't think of anything else.......I've totally ru
out of idea
-
Berlinwall598
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=16667

Paul Vina

Also, put the switch back to master. The only time youuse the slave switch
is with another Tsunami amp, nit when you take the signals from another
company's amp.

Paul Vina

"lbridges" wrote in message
s.com...
what is the Alpine subwoofer setting at. I'm not familiar with your
model, but my 7995 has settings running from 0 to +15. In some weird
marketing ploy Alpine has hosed this up. The +15 is really running
"straight" to the sub. The 0 setting is minus 15dB, a serious
reduction in power to the sub.

Next thing is to break out a VOM and check power levels across the +
and - leads at the amp. I've been fooled by a poor ground - my amp lit
up fine, but sound was seriously down.
--
lbridges
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=166677

willpall

Paul, I am very offended my your use of the terms Master and Slave. Please
show more compassion and use other terms in the future. For example, Pimp /
Bitch or Management and Union Worker. See the following link for more
information.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp

-Bill

Also, put the switch back to master. The only time you use the slave

switch
is with another Tsunami amp, not when you take the signals from another
company's amp.