T-REx

Default System draining battery

I've recently noticed that my car seems to be losing some juice. I have my
car at school, so I don't drive it every day, but in the last week or so,
I've noticed that it has trouble starting when I turn the key. At first
nothing happens (like the battery is dead)...then with some gas and more
cranking of the key, it putters to a start. Once it starts, its on. Then,
if I turn it off, I have no trouble starting it right back up. The only
trouble is when the car has been sitting for a day or two.

What I am wondering is if this problem has something to do w/ the system I
just recently installed? General run down is as follows...(2) 800watt amp
,(2) 12" subs, (2) 5.25" speakers, (2) 6x9" speakers.

T-Rex

Paul Vina

T-Rex, why assume? Most auto parts stores will test them both for free.

Mike, an 80 amps will be fine. My wife's Jetta has a 60 amps it has never
been a problem, even when it was my car and I had 1400 watts of Kicker power
in there.

Paul Vina

s.com...