Default Mounting decks vertically...

Hello, i plan on installing a deck in middle console of my 2003
cavalier. Someone on here pointed out that the deck would skip
ALOT...someone also suggested useing a cassette deck with a cd changer
in the trunk.

I like the cd changer idea alot, but, i really want mp3!!!

Do mp3 decks use memmory to store the mp3? So will an mp3 disc skip
???

Can cassette decks be mounted completely vertical? I never intend on
use the cassette portion!

thanks

One more thing...can you guys recomand a cassette deck that can
control a mp3 cd changer or a normal cd changer. That has 3 preouts
(i love sub out!!!). ??? I also dont care about looks, since itll be
in my console. I dont wanna spend a ton of money!

thanks

Mark Zarella

Hello, i plan on installing a deck in middle console of my 2003
cavalier. Someone on here pointed out that the deck would skip
ALOT...someone also suggested useing a cassette deck with a cd changer
in the trunk.

I like the cd changer idea alot, but, i really want mp3!!!

They make mp3 cd changers.

Do mp3 decks use memmory to store the mp3? So will an mp3 disc skip
???

Non-hard-drive-based mp3 units use cds. Hard-drive-based mp3 units use
hard drives. Computers interfacing to your deck for mp3 use hard
drives. Portable mp3 players interafcing to your deck tend to use
flashcards of some type.

Can cassette decks be mounted completely vertical? I never intend on
use the cassette portion!

Yes.

Haioken

Hello, i plan on installing a deck in middle console of my 2003
cavalier. Someone on here pointed out that the deck would skip
ALOT...someone also suggested useing a cassette deck with a cd changer
in the trunk.

I like the cd changer idea alot, but, i really want mp3!!!

Do mp3 decks use memmory to store the mp3? So will an mp3 disc skip
???

The data is read off the CD, and into a small portion of RAM.
However, when mounted vertical, even with an MP3 player, the amount of
skipping the disc will do will severely affect the players performance.
Why not get an MP3 CD-Changer? Bit pricey-er, but it does the job well
enough. Or build an MP3 player with a reasonably old PC (Pentium 120 or
something equivelant would be perfect) mounted in the boot, and a machined
up front panel.

Can cassette decks be mounted completely vertical? I never intend on
use the cassette portion!

Even with Cassettes in use, they will not skip as cassettes are analogue,
and the data is not quite as tightly packed as it is on a CD. On a CD a
laser must focus on a very small spot.

Bill Pallies

Even with Cassettes in use, they will not skip as cassettes are analogue,
and the data is not quite as tightly packed as it is on a CD. On a CD a
laser must focus on a very small spot.

Actually, I don't think it has to do with the information on a cassette
being analog, but rather with the pick up mechanism being used. In the case
of a CD, the information is read by a laser that must, like you said, focus
on a tiny spot on the surface of a CD suspended above it. When the unit is
shaken, that spot will move with respect to the laser and skipping will
occur. In a cassette deck, the tape is pulled out of the cassette in a loop
and physically dragged across the magnetic pickup. Because the tape is being
held pretty securely in place, shaking should have an effect on it. I would
not expect a DAT deck to skip, and that is digital.

-Bill

6x9 mounting in Cavalier BANDIT2941 Car Audio 8 November 20th 03 04:23 AM
Clarion Decks M Latoski Car Audio 4 November 1st 03 02:58 PM
Information on classic record decks Joel General 1 October 13th 03 05:28 PM
Speaker mounting depth for 2000 VW GTI Paul Vina Car Audio 0 September 6th 03 02:45 PM
Need help mounting a CD changer Stan Lee Car Audio 1 August 8th 03 12:17 PM