Posted to rec.audio.tech
westvillager westvillager is offline

Default connecting turntable to sony system

i have a sony cmtcp101 system, a little all in one cassette, cd and
tuner. It has input jacks for audio in- the manual specifies MD and
VCR. I plugged my turntable cords into the jacks just fine, but i can
only get really muted sound out of it at full volume. any way i can
fix this?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"westvillager" wrote in message

i have a sony cmtcp101 system, a little all in one
cassette, cd and tuner. It has input jacks for audio in-
the manual specifies MD and VCR. I plugged my turntable
cords into the jacks just fine, but i can only get really
muted sound out of it at full volume. any way i can fix
this?

Yes, get a RIAA preamp.

http://www.kabusa.com/phonpre.htm

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

On Jun 6, 10:46*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"westvillager" wrote in message

i have a sony cmtcp101 system, a little all in one
cassette, cd and tuner. It has input jacks for audio in-
the manual specifies MD and VCR. I plugged my turntable
cords into the jacks just fine, but i can only get really
muted sound out of it at full volume. any way i can fix
this?

Yes, get a RIAA preamp.

http://www.kabusa.com/phonpre.htm

In the real old days stereos had this built into them and that's why
they had a set of inputs for phono. Fleabay also has these if you
want to hunt for a bargain.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Jun 6, 7:46 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"westvillager" wrote in message

i have a sony cmtcp101 system, a little all in one
cassette, cd and tuner. It has input jacks for audio in-
the manual specifies MD and VCR. I plugged my turntable
cords into the jacks just fine, but i can only get really
muted sound out of it at full volume. any way i can fix
this?

Yes, get a RIAA preamp.

http://www.kabusa.com/phonpre.htm

Wow, thanks for the fast replies. this is the first time i've used
these groups, that was amazing.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

westvillager wrote:
On Jun 6, 7:46 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"westvillager" wrote in message

i have a sony cmtcp101 system, a little all in one
cassette, cd and tuner. It has input jacks for audio in-
the manual specifies MD and VCR. I plugged my turntable
cords into the jacks just fine, but i can only get really
muted sound out of it at full volume. any way i can fix
this?

Yes, get a RIAA preamp.

http://www.kabusa.com/phonpre.htm

Wow, thanks for the fast replies. this is the first time i've used
these groups, that was amazing.

It helps when you ask a cogent question, as you did, supplying all the
relevant data; and not trying to impress with unsupported details of
your knowledge.

jak

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] sunriseghj@gmail.com is offline

On Jun 6, 10:41 pm, westvillager wrote:
i have a sony cmtcp101 system, a little all in one cassette, cd and
tuner. It has input jacks for audio in- the manual specifies MD and
VCR. I plugged my turntable cords into the jacks just fine, but i can
only get really muted sound out of it at full volume. any way i can
fix this?

You could use Power Audio Recorder Pro,download it at http://www.mp3-audio-recorder.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote ...
westvillager wrote:
i have a sony cmtcp101 system, a little all in one cassette, cd and
tuner. It has input jacks for audio in- the manual specifies MD and
VCR. I plugged my turntable cords into the jacks just fine, but i can
only get really muted sound out of it at full volume. any way i can
fix this?

You could use Power Audio Recorder Pro,download it at

http://www.mp3-audio-recorder.com

Huh??

A "Sony cmtcp101 system" is a bookshelf boombox.
How does software have anything at all to do with
this question?