Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jake[_3_] Jake[_3_] is offline

Default sound libraries for vintage MIDI synths

If you were around in the late 1980s and early 1990s you may
remember Cesium Sound full page ads in Keyboard and Electronic
Musician, or you may have gotten a flyer.

Sound libraries are still available as Sysex files for
01/W, SY-85, JD-990, ESQ-1, SQ-80, TX81Z, D-50, D-550, VFX,
VFXSD, SD-1, Proteus/1, Proteus/2, and Wavestation.

SQ-80 and ESQ-1 sounds compatible with the VSTi SQ-80 emulator
available at http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/

http://www.cesiumsound.com/

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Green Xenon [Radium]" wrote in message
The best vintage MIDI synth is Creative Music Synth. Creative Music
Synth is the FM synth chip present in the SoundBlaster-16-ISA cards.
Unfortunately, I am the only one who likes it.

Yep, the rest of the world moved on from crappy 2 or 4 op FM synths over a
decade ago! And of course Radium obviously hasn't even heard a Yamaha DX7,
or he would know there were far better FM synths even at the time.
Lets face it, even a Yamaha FB01 killed the SoundBlaster synth, and that's
hardly considered the best midi box available! The Roland MT32 was the MIDI
standard for PC games at the time being a hundred times better than the
crappy SoundBlaster.
(we can safely assume he hasn't heard one of those either!)

And yes I know it's just another of his trolls thanks, but I'm sure he truly
believes it. His stupidity has been proven beyond doubt a thousand times at
least. And we wouldn't want to deny him his only fun in life :-)

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

In article ,
Mr.T MrT@home wrote:

And yes I know it's just another of his trolls thanks, but I'm sure he truly
believes it. His stupidity has been proven beyond doubt a thousand times at
least.

Oh, I wouldn't use the word "stupidity" to describe Radium and his
quests for perfection (as he sees it).

I just think that his own perceptual system (ear/brain), and his own
way of defining "best", is rotated about 30 degrees out of sync with
the average person's... and that his understanding of science is
similarly twisted out of alignment with the laws of physics in the
universe in which we all live.

At times he seems to fail to exhibit the amount of common-sense that
one would expect to find in a six-week-old puppy.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Green Xenon [Radium]" wrote in message
Yes, I've listened the audio quality all the stuff you mentioned. Still
not as refreshing as Creative Music Synth.

"Refreshing" eh? :-)

Sadly for me, Creative Technology does not want to talk about Creative
Music Synth. I've contacted them in almost any way, shape, and form but
not gotten any good info. I rarely get a response and when I do, it's
usually crap.

They already know what a fool you are then :-)
They (and Yamaha) know the use by date for those crap synth chips is well
and truly past!

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Dave Platt" wrote in message
And yes I know it's just another of his trolls thanks, but I'm sure he

truly
believes it. His stupidity has been proven beyond doubt a thousand times

at
least.

Oh, I wouldn't use the word "stupidity" to describe Radium and his
quests for perfection (as he sees it).

It's exactly his way of seeing things that flies in the face of reality that
makes him stupid IMO.

Fact, one could sample those crappy FM synth sounds and they would be
audibly indistinguishable, yet Radium claims one is audio nirvana and the
other is aural excrement.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Green Xenon [Radium]" wrote in message
Fact, one could sample those crappy FM synth sounds and they would be
audibly indistinguishable,

Yes, I know that. I've recorded it myself. I make a stereo recording to
a wave file that is 44.1 kHz sample-rate, 16-bit and stereo. I then
invert the left channel and then combine it with the right channel. I
then get a mono of the sound without what used to be panned to the
center. This is how those karaoke voice-cancellers work. I notice, after
this processing I use, the sounds are even better than what they used to

be.

yet Radium claims one is audio nirvana and the
other is aural excrement.

No. I have nothing against sampling those sounds. However, they've got
to be sampled properly.

And from his very next post:

Unfortunately, they've have no problem incorporating nasty
sample-playback MIDI synth -- such as MS GS wavetable SW synth and the
Crystal soundfont -- into their soundcards.

You do know what a contradiction is right? You can use YOUR own FM samples
with those wavetable synths if that's the crap you prefer.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:

Creative Music Synth is the best soundcard-only MIDI synth.

No it isn't. It's a piece of ****e.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech

geoff wrote:
Creative Music Synth is the best soundcard-only MIDI synth.

No it isn't. It's a piece of ****e.

Compared to the Crystal soundfont, Creative-Music-Synth is paradise.

How does being better (in your opinion), than another POS make it "the best
soundcard-only MIDI synth"?
There are thousands of better software synths available, none of which you
have heard obviously.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Green Xenon [Radium]" wrote in message
I've listened to many soundcard-only MIDI synths. Too many to name. Of
all of them, Creative Music Synth is the best.

How does it feel to be the only person in the world who believes that?
(Just like the marcher who claims everyone is out of step but him :-)

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
WindsorFox[_3_] WindsorFox[_3_] is offline

Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:

How does being better (in your opinion), than another POS make it "the
best
soundcard-only MIDI synth"?
There are thousands of better software synths available, none of which
you
have heard obviously.

I've listened to many soundcard-only MIDI synths. Too many to name. Of
all of them, Creative Music Synth is the best.

But you also told me to properly archive music files that I *HAD* to
convert them to mono.

--

"I've also noted that a couple of my regular spammers
have pretty much switched over to phishing and 419s

"If it's from BRNIC, it's GOT to be blocked" - Buss Error

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:
Mr.T wrote:

How does it feel to be the only person in the world who believes that?

It's very upsetting and makes me wish for Creative Technology to be
punished. I wish for them to be punished because I want them to make me
a upgraded version of Creative Music Synth [whose audio resolution is at
least 2x that of the human auditory system] for a reasonable price. But
they won't do that. They might make me a deal that if I pay them a $
billions [which I obviously don't have] that they will make one for me.
Even if I could afford this, I will find out their heinous lie when its
too late. Even if I were a billionaire, they'll trick me into giving
them my billions of bucks for a crappy synth is no where as good as even
the original CMS.

That's what happens when you request a customized device be built for
you. The @$$hole who you're making a deal with, will just empty out your
bank account and give you nothing in return. Hell, he might be sadistic
and put an explosive in the device so that when you turn it on, it will
set your room on fire. And there is nothing you can do about it. You're
seriously injured but you can't sue him.

That's why I hate sickos like Creative Technology and wish for them to
be severely punished.

You are insane. You insist on someone else being punished for your
screw up?

--

"I've also noted that a couple of my regular spammers
have pretty much switched over to phishing and 419s
from pecker pills and sawdust tablets." - Bar0

"If it's from BRNIC, it's GOT to be blocked" - Buss Error
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:
Mr.T wrote:

How does it feel to be the only person in the world who believes
that?

It's very upsetting and makes me wish for Creative Technology to be
punished. I wish for them to be punished because I want them to make
me a upgraded version of Creative Music Synth

How does it make youfeel to know tat we all want yiou punished ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] dpierce.cartchunk.org@gmail.com is offline

On May 11, 8:31 pm, "Green Xenon [Radium]"
wrote:

Where did I "screw up"?

Where DIDN'T you?

If you pay someone a gigabuck for a task,
you expect them to do the task properly.
Isn't that reasonable?

No, it's not.

You never paid anyone a gigabuck, no one
ever accepted your offer, in fact, you not
only never credibly made such an offer, you
are utterly incapable of making such an offer
with any credibiity. To claim otherwise is not only
UNreasonable, it's ridiculous.

Just because you expect someone to do
something doesn't mean they will, can or even
should do it. To claim otherwise is not only
UNreasonable, it's ridiculous.

The only one who deserves to be punished for
your idiotic expectations is you. To expect
otherwise is UNreasonable.

And because you stated that you wish severe
physical harm upon one or more individuals,
the only reasonable expectation you're allowed
to have is that the various prosecutorial authorities
that are now involved in investigating your threats
will be along soon.

Knock knock!
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:
WindsorFoxSS wrote:
Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:

How does being better (in your opinion), than another POS make it
"the best
soundcard-only MIDI synth"?
There are thousands of better software synths available, none of
which you
have heard obviously.

I've listened to many soundcard-only MIDI synths. Too many to name.
Of all of them, Creative Music Synth is the best.

But you also told me to properly archive music files that I *HAD* to
convert them to mono.

I never told you that you *had* to convert them to mono. I told you I
prefer mono over stereo.

Either way is just as ko0ky, but I distinctly remember the word
"has" in your reply. I'm just too lazy to go look it up.

--

"I've also noted that a couple of my regular spammers
have pretty much switched over to phishing and 419s
from pecker pills and sawdust tablets." - Bar0

"If it's from BRNIC, it's GOT to be blocked" - Buss Error
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:
geoff wrote:

How does it make youfeel to know tat we all want yiou punished ?

Confused as to why I deserve punishment.

The same reason CL does.

--

"I've also noted that a couple of my regular spammers
have pretty much switched over to phishing and 419s
from pecker pills and sawdust tablets." - Bar0

"If it's from BRNIC, it's GOT to be blocked" - Buss Error

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:
WindsorFoxSS wrote:
Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:
Mr.T wrote:

[...]

Your screw up is in being one of 3 people in the whole world that
says "Creative Music Synth is the best."

--

"I've also noted that a couple of my regular spammers
have pretty much switched over to phishing and 419s
from pecker pills and sawdust tablets." - Bar0

"If it's from BRNIC, it's GOT to be blocked" - Buss Error
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"WindsorFoxSS" wrote in message
Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:
Where did I "screw up"?

Your screw up is in being one of 3 people in the whole world that
says "Creative Music Synth is the best."

You mean there are two others? Heaven help us!!!!!!!!!!

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Green Xenon [Radium] wrote:
Where did I "screw up"?

Your screw up is in being one of 3 people in the whole world that
says "Creative Music Synth is the best."

You mean there are two others? Heaven help us!!!!!!!!!!

MrT.

Just assuming. There are people out there who still use DOS.

--

"I've also noted that a couple of my regular spammers
have pretty much switched over to phishing and 419s
from pecker pills and sawdust tablets." - Bar0

"If it's from BRNIC, it's GOT to be blocked" - Buss Error
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"WindsorFoxSS" wrote in message
Just assuming. There are people out there who still use DOS.

I'd rather use DOS than an SB FM synth! :-)

MrT.