Chris Kantack

Default optical (toslink) audio cables....no good????

Pardon me if this question has been asked recently. I'm just now
returning to rec.audio.high-end after a 10 year hiatus.

I have a Pansonic DVD player with an optical audio output jack. My new
Sony surround receiver has numerous optical audio inputs.

I've tried two different brands of toslink cables (including Monster
Cable) but cannot get a secure connection. The cable ends can simply
slip out of the jacks. Does one need rubber cement or something to use
these things properly? Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks,
Chris
Chung

Chris Kantack wrote:
Pardon me if this question has been asked recently. I'm just now
returning to rec.audio.high-end after a 10 year hiatus.

I have a Pansonic DVD player with an optical audio output jack. My new
Sony surround receiver has numerous optical audio inputs.

I've tried two different brands of toslink cables (including Monster
Cable) but cannot get a secure connection. The cable ends can simply
slip out of the jacks. Does one need rubber cement or something to use
these things properly? Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks,
Chris

No, the cable should snap into place. Make sure you are not using
mini-Toslink. You can see the differences he

http://www.kdcomputers.com/eui/prime.../component.htm
John C.

On 29 Oct 2004 00:00:14 GMT, Chung wrote:

Chris Kantack wrote:
Pardon me if this question has been asked recently. I'm just now
returning to rec.audio.high-end after a 10 year hiatus.

I have a Pansonic DVD player with an optical audio output jack. My new
Sony surround receiver has numerous optical audio inputs.

I've tried two different brands of toslink cables (including Monster
Cable) but cannot get a secure connection. The cable ends can simply
slip out of the jacks. Does one need rubber cement or something to use
these things properly? Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks,
Chris

No, the cable should snap into place. Make sure you are not using
mini-Toslink. You can see the differences he

http://www.kdcomputers.com/eui/prime.../component.htm

This may sound dumb, but make sure the rubber cover is taken off the
end before you insert the connector. Yep, it has been done by many the
first time!

Does anyone know of this challenge? [email protected] High End Audio 453 June 28th 04 03:43 AM
Good audio test software? Adam Drake Tech 4 May 9th 04 12:41 AM
AUDIO CABLES VFTECH Tech 0 November 10th 03 03:00 AM
What would be a good audio set up for a Tea Room? Yogi Audio Opinions 1 October 19th 03 09:16 AM