Recording Audio for Film/Video

Old November 21st 04, 06:06 PM
Neil Rutman

Default Recording Audio for Film/Video

I live in the Pasadena area and I get a good amount of calls to do sound
recording for video. I have done a couple of these gigs but I have no
equipment which is where the real money is.

I know generally what I'm gonna need to get if I start doing this but I
could use some advice on the specifics.

1. Portable DAT w/ timecode. Any good value options here?

2. Couple of telescoping booms. Where do I get these?

3. Small Mackie Mixer

4. A sturdy cart with wheels

5. Several lavalier mics with transmitters and reciever(s). This is where
I'm really in the dark. What system can support several wireless mics
without frequency overlap and won't cost me an arm and a leg? How many
outputs from the reciever will there be?

6. I have a pretty extensive mic collection to go on the booms. What works
best for a boom application?

If I am missing anything please fill me in. Is my DAT w/ time code recorder
gonna be in sync with the video during recording? How does that work?

Thanks for any help on this.

Neil R