Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Power Wedge and line conditioners

I have this approach to Line Conditioners:

a) Where there is a genuine need, significant fluctuation in voltage, or a =
lot of noise on a line due to shared equipment, motors, various industrial =
applications, many VFDs or other devices, Line Conditioners serve a genuine=
need. These are generally predictable applications in any case.=20

b) The nearest electrical source to me is approximately 30 miles away, but =
most of the power we use comes from Limerick, PA (Nuke), or the wind-farm i=
n Columbia County, PA. So, between 30 and 100 miles as the crow flies. Via =
miles and miles and miles of aluminum and copper. Transformed four (4) time=
s until it arrives at our house at a reasonably steady 118 VAC at the wallp=
late. Most of the items I operate have decent power-supplies, and can toler=
ate a certain amount of sag and a certain amount of 'normal' noise. A line =
conditioner would be redundant.

If that changes, I will invest in one.=20

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA