Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default AKG D880

Scott said some time ago that he likes the AKG D880, so I bought one for voice
over. While Scott can hear things infinitely better than I can, I really do like
the sound of this mic, especially for the price. Since it's discontinued, which
AKG mic replaced it? Isn't there likely a current model that's virtually
identical? Same capsule?

I got it for $46 including shipping AND a Shure Popper Stopper, which sells for
$35, so I'm impressed. If I can find a few more for cheap, I'm probably going to
buy them. Once again, the SM58s are my least favorite mic of all in this
category. Thanks, Scott!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

mcp6453 wrote:
Scott said some time ago that he likes the AKG D880, so I bought one
for voice over. While Scott can hear things infinitely better than I
can, I really do like the sound of this mic, especially for the
price. Since it's discontinued, which AKG mic replaced it? Isn't
there likely a current model that's virtually identical? Same capsule?

D5 . Similar capsule but not same. Si,milar sound, better feedback
rejection.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/6/2011 9:40 PM, geoff wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
Scott said some time ago that he likes the AKG D880, so I bought one
for voice over. While Scott can hear things infinitely better than I
can, I really do like the sound of this mic, especially for the
price. Since it's discontinued, which AKG mic replaced it? Isn't
there likely a current model that's virtually identical? Same capsule?

D5 . Similar capsule but not same. Si,milar sound, better feedback
rejection.

I just got my second D880. This one was $36 shipped. Maybe I'll stop at 4. That
seems like a good number for a mic locker.

Now, does anybody know why AKG made a D310? Would it ever be considered the BEST
mic for the application? It seems quite vanilla to me.