Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Roy W. Rising Roy W. Rising is offline

Default Brand and Source for OFC speaker cable ?

"Arny Krueger" wrote:
Whatever your local home improvement or hardware store is selling in the
line of low voltage fine stranded 12 or 14 gauge copper wire.

Look at it this way: Would you run 35 feet of 16ga "zip" cord to a 60W
light bulb (50-60 Hz)? Probably so. For your application, 14ga is good,
12ga is certainly better than you really need.

--
~ Roy
"If you notice the sound, it's wrong!"
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech

"Roy W. Rising" wrote ...
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
Whatever your local home improvement or hardware store is selling in
the
line of low voltage fine stranded 12 or 14 gauge copper wire.

Look at it this way: Would you run 35 feet of 16ga "zip" cord to a
60W
light bulb (50-60 Hz)? Probably so. For your application, 14ga is
good,
12ga is certainly better than you really need.

You would certainly get a better quality of light through
a 12ga cable than from 16ga, maybe even brighter, too.
And the spectral quality would be more even if you could
get OFC power extension cords. I wonder why nobody
makes them? :-)

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

"Roy W. Rising" wrote ...
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
Whatever your local home improvement or hardware store is selling in
the line of low voltage fine stranded 12 or 14 gauge copper wire.

Look at it this way: Would you run 35 feet of 16ga "zip" cord to a
60W
light bulb (50-60 Hz)? Probably so. For your application, 14ga is
good, 12ga is certainly better than you really need.

You would certainly get a better quality of light through
a 12ga cable than from 16ga, maybe even brighter, too.
And the spectral quality would be more even if you could
get OFC power extension cords. I wonder why nobody
makes them? :-)

What puzzles me is why no-one markets a cord for selectively enhancing positive
photons !

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
CJT CJT is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

"Roy W. Rising" wrote ...

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

Whatever your local home improvement or hardware store is selling in the
line of low voltage fine stranded 12 or 14 gauge copper wire.

Look at it this way: Would you run 35 feet of 16ga "zip" cord to a 60W
light bulb (50-60 Hz)? Probably so. For your application, 14ga is good,
12ga is certainly better than you really need.

You would certainly get a better quality of light through
a 12ga cable than from 16ga, maybe even brighter, too.
And the spectral quality would be more even if you could
get OFC power extension cords. I wonder why nobody
makes them? :-)

We tried using some specially fabricated OFC extension cords, but found
that the light using vintage cords had more "warmth" and character.

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

CJT wrote:

We tried using some specially fabricated OFC extension cords, but found
that the light using vintage cords had more "warmth" and character.

Your credibility has just sunk to something below zero !

You fell for the trap !

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Poopie B'ar aims low

DonkeyBorg brayed:

What puzzles me is why no-one markets a cord for selectively enhancing positive
photons !

Be puzzled no longer, Poopie. Nobody "markets" one of those because of the
liability they'd incur if somebody like got hold of it. First you'd use it
to flagellate yourself like a dervish. Then, after returning from hospital
with your wounds stitched up, you'd try garrotting yourself. No reputable
company would want to be associated with your satanic masochism rituals.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote:

DonkeyBorg brayed:

What puzzles me is why no-one markets a cord for selectively enhancing positive
photons !

Be puzzled no longer, Poopie. Nobody "markets" one of those because of the
liability they'd incur if somebody like got hold of it. First you'd use it
to flagellate yourself like a dervish. Then, after returning from hospital
with your wounds stitched up, you'd try garrotting yourself. No reputable
company would want to be associated with your satanic masochism rituals.

Nah !

You've got me all wrong. I'm the 'master' you know ! I have a few tame subbies. That's what *they*
are into !

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

George M. Middius whined and puled:

Its usual meaningless, ignorant, silly, stupid crap....

Mr. Middius: You need to understand something... if "understanding" is
within your possibilities as a sockpuppet, that is.

I am not "defending" Graham. I am making fun of you. Deliberately.
With no malice whatsoever, as it happens, but simply as a way to enjoy
some vituperative exercises with reference to a bit of slime with no
redeeming social value. So, cutting to the chase, it is my opinion that

"Commander Middius" is a loose accretion of fantasies supported by
anecdotes of doubtful veracity. That it does not exist as an
independent, self-motivated entity, but only as the fevered creation of

a lying poseur suffering from acute Munchausen and Delusions of
Adequacy residing somewhere in Cork, Ireland... where Blarney is both
expected and tolerated... much as the Village Idiot.

So, get with the program and make your usual repetitive, stupid, silly,

ignorant reply.. more grist for the mill.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Rockinghorse Winner[_5_] Rockinghorse Winner[_5_] is offline

All this talk about lamp cords has me thinking my light isn't as good as it
might be. Does anyone think neodymium magnets could improve the color
balance?

--
Hug your sweetie today.

*R* *H*

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
All this talk about lamp cords has me thinking my light isn't as good as it
might be. Does anyone think neodymium magnets could improve the color
balance?

What color are you looking for ?

greg
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

Ο "Rockinghorse Winner" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
All this talk about lamp cords has me thinking my light isn't as good as
it
might be. Does anyone think neodymium magnets could improve the color
balance?

Well, as usually use Kimber Kable 4pr (9 euros per metre). www.kimber.com As
for the nodymium magnet, I'd recommend a black hole, as used in those brand
new tweeters.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech
Tod Treganowan Tod Treganowan is offline

wrote:
All this talk about lamp cords has me thinking my light isn't as good as
it
might be. Does anyone think neodymium magnets could improve the color
balance?

What color are you looking for ?

greg

Why not have Bybee make you some custom quantum Purifiers tuned to a
specific light frequency? What's a few thousand bucks when you can read the
Wall Street Journal in the same light as someone on say, Mercury? But then
you'll have to find new old stock Victoreen Xray bulbs at $10k a pop. And
don't forget your lead-lined smoking jacket and slippers.

Tod