Posted to rec.audio.car
Dima Chernushchenko

Default Need help! Problem: Alpine changer CHA-S634 and HU FVA-W306

Hi.
Got the following problem:

a.. When HU powers on and changer is the current source, playback starts
immediately but all indications and buttons stuck and resume only after
10-15 sec.

a.. When changing source to changer (from CD, MD, FM, etc.), same timeout
and lockup (+, after that delay, HU powers off and immediately on, if
changing source not with remote).

a.. While playing CD in changer, pressing "Next Disk" on HU results in
changer going thru all disks, playing each for ~15 sec.

Tried CHA-S624 and -1214 - everything's fine.

I used this S634 before connected to the CDM-7892R - could it have forgotten
or lost its Ai-Net capabilities?-)
Could it be because of first incorrect connection of changer (Ai-Net/M-Bus
was switched on powered changer)?

(its a pity, but hadn't have a chance to try new/working S634 yet )

Thanks in advance for any ideas/recommendations.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

With my Alpine head-unit (I'm not sure about yours), there is a switch on
the bottom of the HU chassis that must be activated before the Ai-Net
functions will work properly. It's a long-shot, put perhaps yours is not in
the right mode.

MOSFET