Matt

Default 5.1 Switching?

Hello all. If there is a more appropriate forum for this question,
please let me know.

I have the following:

A Sony STR-DE635 reciever w/optical in
A Dish network 522 sat.receiver w/optical out
A Home PC with a soundblaster audigy 2 platinum, with RCA digital
out/in, and optical out/in.

My Goal:

I use the PC as both my music center and to play DVD's from, so I'd
like to use the optical out to the Sony for this.

I _want_ to use the optical out from the sat. recvr. so I can get 5.1
on the rare occasions it's broadcast.

The problem:

I can't seem to figure a way to do it so that I don't have to unplug
one from the back of the amp, in favor of the other.

Is there any kind of optical switch which will automatically sense
which output is active, and send it's data to the amp?

Thanks -

Matt

Matt

Sweet.

Thanks!

Kalman Rubinson

On 28 Sep 2005 11:28:33 -0700, "Matt" wrote:

Hello all. If there is a more appropriate forum for this question,
please let me know.

I have the following:

A Sony STR-DE635 reciever w/optical in
A Dish network 522 sat.receiver w/optical out
A Home PC with a soundblaster audigy 2 platinum, with RCA digital
out/in, and optical out/in.

My Goal:

I use the PC as both my music center and to play DVD's from, so I'd
like to use the optical out to the Sony for this.

I _want_ to use the optical out from the sat. recvr. so I can get 5.1
on the rare occasions it's broadcast.

The problem:

I can't seem to figure a way to do it so that I don't have to unplug
one from the back of the amp, in favor of the other.

Is there any kind of optical switch which will automatically sense
which output is active, and send it's data to the amp?

Yes. Do a search for S/PDIF switch or TOSLink switch. Not expensive.
Even RS has them.

Kal