Default A bit of help needed???

Hi All,

I'm doing an installation at the moment which is pretty similar to a
small radio studio. The only problem I have is with one small
request??
What the client wants is that when he opens a fader (or turns on a
channel) a bell sound happens.
BUT!! (here's the hard bit) He doesn't want to use any of his outboard
(CD,MD etc)or computer. He wants something that just plays a bell
sound.

Requirement:

Line/Data input to be able to record(transfer) bell sound to device.
Remote input on device so it can be controlled by a fader start from a
desk.
The device should be able to play a bell sound(one that I can put on
it)
The device has line level/Digital output on it.
It should also run on mains and not just batteries.

I'm wondering if there's any RAM based products that might work. The
only product I've found is a voice announcement system that has too
many facilities which makes it too expensive..

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ant

Ethan Winer

Ant,

The device has line level/Digital output on it.
It should also run on mains and not just batteries.

How about an electronic doorbell?

--Ethan

http://www.akman.com/flash_av.html

Still an "outboard" device. Not sure what criteria your client uses to
determine that though. He might give this the ok.