---MIKE---

Default Room nodes

I have been "fighting"an aggravating resonance in my stereo system for a
long time. I tried a sweep with a signal generator today and it appears
to be around 180 hz. This makes sense because my room dimensions
suggest a number of nodes at that frequency (22' X 30' with an 18'
cathedral ceiling). I tried suppressing it by setting the 120 hz slider
on my equalizer at -12. This helped a lot but I would like to suppress
the exact frequency. I know this would require either a parametric or
1/3 octave equalizer. Any suggestions?

---MIKE---

---MIKE---

No - FOUR subs! Two in corners and two along walls. The resonance is a
room condition (I can hear it with the subs off).

---MIKE---
Chelvam

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
No - FOUR subs! Two in corners and two along walls. The resonance is a
room condition (I can hear it with the subs off).

How small are your subs? My one Sub capable of being heard 200 feet (my
opposite house )- if i were to push it to the max. Right now I am only using
a small fraction of its max.

Anyhow here's a link http://www.mhsoft.nl/Helmholtzabsorber.asp hopefully,
that will help you.

Cheers.

Stewart Pinkerton

On 24 Sep 2004 14:12:23 GMT, "Chelvam" wrote:

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
No - FOUR subs! Two in corners and two along walls. The resonance is a
room condition (I can hear it with the subs off).

How small are your subs? My one Sub capable of being heard 200 feet (my
opposite house )- if i were to push it to the max. Right now I am only using
a small fraction of its max.

Hmmmm. Care to be more specific? What is your sub?

Chelvam

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

Hmmmm. Care to be more specific? What is your sub?

Why? you think it can't be heard that far? Even my car 10 inch Rockford
Fosgate Punch can be heard quite a distant if I push it to the max. But not
up to 2 miles as this gentleman
http://www.cardomain.com/reviews/lis...sku=ROCRFD2210 is claiming
but at least 120 feet.

My Sub is Boston Acoustics not a true High End but pretty much good for the
job.

cheers.