Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
bassett[_2_] bassett[_2_] is offline

Default Why "accuracy"?

"Jenn" wrote in message
"bassett" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
news
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...

Cut your production by 90%.

Iain, I'm only meeting demand, which you have frequently claimed
as a
justification for your weirdness.

But doing much less you can do it much better.

Iain, you clearly have no understanding of the market that I serve.
Doing
less isn't an option.

Perhaps it was not intended as such, Arny, but the above comes over as
sanctimonious hog-wash. You don't "serve ant market"

I have to defend Arny a bit here, though when I've done so in the past
I've paid a price.

The part of Arny's business that includes recording school contests is
very helpful to the ensembles and their conductors. The resulting
recordings are sometimes the only recordings they will hear of
themselves (though that's probably less true now than in the past), and
in addition to the educational value, they are a nice way to remember
the day, which is result of much hard work. I adjudicate such
contests,
and as a young school teacher and student, I participated in several
such festivals.

I also conducted a church choir (and directed other musical and
non-musical aspects of worship) at a church in the 90s, and I always
appreciated hearing the recordings of that part of my work.

So, I support this aspect of Arny's work.

Don't waste your time Jenn, this clowns on an ego trip of epic
proportions

I'm aware of Arny's shortcomings. But the truth is the truth.

Then churches wailed,,, Should I take another one with me holding
up
today's copy of the "Huvudstadsbladet"? LOL.

that would be a good idea, it will confirm the fact you are a
poofter.
bassett

Better a "poofter" than a bigot.

Yep,, you would be safe as houses with a pillow fairy, providing it
resembled the male.
bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
I haven't heard any of Arny's work, so I can't comment on it.

Have you heard Iain's then?
If so what part did he actually do?
If not then you already know as much about both people :-)

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 13, 1:53 pm, "Iain Churches" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
m...

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
news

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ahti.fi...

[...]

Jenn. I too support this aspect of Arny's work,and the fact that
he does it free is commendable. The problem is that he does it
so badly! I would love to come and play the cor Anglais in your
orchestra - so much so that I would come for nothing. The
problem is that I cannot play the cor Anglais:-)

You are probably in the US. Here in Scandinavia many recording
professionals are involved with an EU Youth scheme, in which we
record young gifted musicians, ensembles, and orchestras or every
genre. The technical standard expected is high. Musicians want
to be able to play their performances to other musicians without
making them cry!

Best regards
Iain

I haven't heard any of Arny's work, so I can't comment on it. I asked
for some samples once, but it didn't happen.

Count yourself blessed:-)

I apologise if I seem to be hard on him.
I find his sanctimonious "been there, done that"
attitude uningratiating to say the least.

But how long does it take you to figure that out?
I'm thinking the cans are bit too tight based on the
length of this thread.

Recording,
like any other profession, demands study and
hard work which needs to be taken very seriously.

Why? You're being more than a bit sanctimonious
yourself.

Hi Scott. I apologise if you got that impression. It
was not my intention. Perhaps my English is a little
formal and old fashioned. It has not been my first
language for many a year.

But I do get a little tired of people like Bassett and
Mr T (neither of whom probably know a French
horn from a frying pan) sniping from behind the
protection of their anonymity and bogus
e-mail addresses.

As for dear old Arns. It doesn't really matter a silver
sixpence either way. If he wants to continue to turn out
mediocre recordings by the mile, then so be it. A colleague
of mine calls it prostitution of the recorded arts. It will
take many years for those under Arny's tutelage to unlearn
what he has taught them.

Not as if the survival of the world or even
a single person depends on the recording profession.

You are absolutely right. Horticulture is the only thing
that is important, and even that is not very important. I
planted five oak saplings a couple of years ago. They are
now 25cms high. I am going to build a Viking long-boat:-)

There are no short cuts even in the very simple things
that Arny does.

Bob is going to be so unhappy.

That's a totally different story:-)

Regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message
"bassett" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

Jenn.
Basset seems to have a fixation with homosexuality. Perhaps it is
the effect of the all those sheep and pigs with which he spends
his time. I wonder if he has a similar phobia for the black
races and those of the Jewish faith? What about a black,
Jewish tube amp builder???

The factual content of his posts is about on the same level as
his spelling. I have been happily married to a very beautiful
and intelligent Scandinavian lady for fifteen years.

Regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

attitude uningratiating to say the least. Recording,
like any other profession, demands study and
hard work which needs to be taken very seriously.
There are no short cuts even in the very simple things
that Arny does.

Oh, I certainly have my problems with Arny. I just can't comment on the
quality of his work.

I have not really followed your discussion, but if you
are arguing from a musical perspective, as you probably
are, then you have an uphill fight. Arny does not know a
French horn from a frying pan:-)

Regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Scooter, I'm withholding the well-deserved ridicule in favor of giving you
an opportunity to explain yourself.

It will take many years for those under Arny's tutelage
to unlearn what he has taught them.

I seriously doubt he is doing more harm than good
offering a service to underfunded and ill-equipped
schools and churches whose alternative is no recordings.

Iain made a valid point about the quality of Krooger's "teaching". You
simply ignored that point, instead choosing to grasp at a wispy straw of
rationalization to defend Krooger's alleged helpfulness. This kind of
"discussing" is, sad to say, typical for you. To a normal person, you seem
either stupid or so gripped by emotion that you're unable to address the
point in question.

At this juncture, I feel you've earned a dose of ridicule. However, in the
interest of fomenting a civilized exchange of ideas, I'd like to pose a
couple of simple questions for you:

1. Why did you ignore Iain's point?

2. Were you implicitly conceding Iain's point and attempting to justify the
damage Krooger is doing by pimping his supposed charitableness?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"George M. Middius" cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote in message

[...]

George. I feel that Scott was not considering the matter of
tutoring, but the work that Arny does for schools etc on a
charitable basis. As somebody pointed out, a poor
recording might be better than no recording at all. And if
the school concerned had the money to pay for a decent
recording they probably wouldn't twice at Mr.K. So,
it's beggar's choice, as they say.

But when we come to teaching, then the matter must,
I feel, be viewed in a totally different light.

Regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

Welcome to usenet.

:-))

I am a member of a number of closed groups.
These are not moderated. The subscribers are
broadcast and recording studio people, who behaive
just as they would sitting round a large table in your
or my office discussing matters of interest. Usenet is
a completely different thing:-) But still there are several
people, particularly on RAT and UKRA whose opinions
interest me greatly.

As for dear old Arns. It doesn't really matter a silver
sixpence either way. If he wants to continue to turn out
mediocre recordings by the mile, then so be it. A colleague
of mine calls it prostitution of the recorded arts.

Prostitutes get paid....Arny seems to be more of a slut.

You sound like you have a classic case of the long studied
hard working professional seeing the artistry of his profession
diminished by the proliferation of easy to use recording
technology.

The changes in the technology have indeed made the basic
tasks much easier, but the skills of balance, mix
and audio perception still have to be learned by anyone
who wants to take recording seriously. This can take a
very long time, depending upon the people under
whom you study and the opportunities that
you are given.

You're not alone....listen to the question and answer
session here.

http://www.dplay.com/aes/blesser.html

Yes, that is a session which is referred to often.

I don't regard the technology as a threat, but embrace it.
In many respects it makes the task a lot easier. It was
not very long ago that we used to edit the 2" analogue
master, by marking with a Chinagraph pencil, and cutting
the tape with a razor blade. This task was usually carried
out, during the session, by the engineer or the 1st assistant.
It takes quite a lot of confidence in your own ability to
take a razor blade to a multitrack master. It's a pretty
tense moment in the control room. These days, digital
workstations may have 200 levels of undo:-)

Before the days of console automation, you just had to
complete a complex mix, even at 0400 hrs, if another
client with a different project was booked into the same
control room at 0900hrs. Now you can simply save
a settings, and continue at a better time witrh fresher ears.

It will
take many years for those under Arny's tutelage to unlearn
what he has taught them.

I seriously doubt he is doing more harm than good
offering a service to underfunded and ill-equipped
schools and churches whose alternative is no recordings.

That part of his activities is laudable. But he also states that
he teaches recording (also on a volutary unpaid basis)
I find this disturbing as the work of his that I have heard
is well below the level of most first year students!

Not as if the survival of the world or even
a single person depends on the recording profession.

You are absolutely right. Horticulture is the only thing
that is important, and even that is not very important. I
planted five oak saplings a couple of years ago. They are
now 25cms high. I am going to build a Viking long-boat:-)

and by then you will be able to navigate the north passage.

Indeed. I am looking forward to it. It won't be for a while!

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default To Arny

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
.fi...

"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

More proof that Iain habitually spews trash. He's never ever heard even
just one of my school festival recordings because they are totally private
to the festival and the school the choir or band comes from. The one
recording he may haev heard has a questionable lineage.

It's lineage is clear. We discussed it, and you agreed it was yours
How can it suddenly not be? You are even trying now to pass it
off on to George! Is that the act of Born Again Christian?

Personally, I don't give a silver sixpence.
I am bored with your mediocrity, Arny

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

Iain Churches said:

I am bored with your mediocrity, Arny

Mediocre is still passing, so Arnii "wins" again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"bassett" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

My God! What a deviant! ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 14, 4:16 pm, Jenn wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote:

Jenn.
Basset seems to have a fixation with homosexuality. Perhaps it is
the effect of the all those sheep and pigs with which he spends
his time. I wonder if he has a similar phobia for the black
races and those of the Jewish faith? What about a black,
Jewish tube amp builder???

My God! What a deviant! ;-)

I think Sander is incapacitated right now, so we cannot ask him if
he's black or Jewish.

We know he's a deviant, though: he's Dutch.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 14, 4:20 pm, ScottW wrote:

Arny didn't say he was teaching. He was providing
teaching aids. Its up to the teacher to determine the
usability of his aids. You're making a big to do about
nothing and soliciting support from the Middiot,
one of the slimiest creatures to ever haunt usenet,
does not advance your credibility.

LOL!

*You* are worried about 'credibility'?

LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi...

George. I feel that Scott was not considering the matter of
tutoring, but the work that Arny does for schools on a
charitable basis.

Not so - it is work for pay.

As somebody pointed out, a poor
recording might be better than no recording at all. And if
the school concerned had the money to pay for a decent
recording they probably wouldn't twice at Mr.K.

The schools pay the going rate.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

Iain has no rebuttal, so now we know that he is unapologetic when caught
lying.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 3:32 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote in message

ti.fi...

George. I feel that Scott was not considering the matter of
tutoring, but the work that Arny does for schools on a
charitable basis.

Not so - it is work for pay.

As somebody pointed out, a poor
recording might be better than no recording at all. And if
the school concerned had the money to pay for a decent
recording they probably wouldn't twice at Mr.K.

The schools pay the going rate.

I take it all back, a complaint to the school board may be in order.

To be credible, the complaint would have to come from the festival judges,
director, or the school music directors. They are the only people, besides
some students, who have ever heard the recordings.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 3:32 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote in message

ti.fi...

George. I feel that Scott was not considering the matter of
tutoring, but the work that Arny does for schools on a
charitable basis.

Not so - it is work for pay.

As somebody pointed out, a poor
recording might be better than no recording at all. And if
the school concerned had the money to pay for a decent
recording they probably wouldn't twice at Mr.K.

The schools pay the going rate.

I take it all back, a complaint to the school board may be in order.

To be credible, the complaint would have to come from the festival judges,
director, or the school music directors. They are the only people, besides
some students, who have ever heard the recordings.

Typically, the judges have nothing to do with the running of the
festivals. They are simply hired by the people running the festival to
adjudicate. Sometimes input is asked for.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 14, 4:25 pm, ScottW wrote:

...I say this in no way
to defend Arny's long history of asinine behavior.

Riiiiggggghhhhht.

Is it asinine to compare what good old Arns does with what a real
professional does?

LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 4:16 pm, Jenn wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote:

Jenn.
Basset seems to have a fixation with homosexuality. Perhaps it is
the effect of the all those sheep and pigs with which he spends
his time. I wonder if he has a similar phobia for the black
races and those of the Jewish faith? What about a black,
Jewish tube amp builder???

My God! What a deviant! ;-)

I think Sander is incapacitated right now, so we cannot ask him if
he's black or Jewish.´

We know he's a deviant, though: he's Dutch.

And a nicer race of people you could not wish to meet.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

No apologies rerquired from me.
I have spoken nothing but the truth here, while you
wriggle and squirm, denying what you have previously
openly admitted was your recording. Even more odd is the
fact that you try to pass this ignominious effort on to George.

So much for the behaviour of a born-again Christian.
Shameful!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 1:37 pm, "Iain Churches" wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message

That part of his activities is laudable. But he also states that
he teaches recording (also on a volutary unpaid basis)
I find this disturbing as the work of his that I have heard
is well below the level of most first year students!

Yet you have no idea of the vintage of that work or the
equipment used to produce it.

Incorect, Arny described precisely the equipment
he used.

Uf you thinbk that older ewquuopment is synonumous
with poor quality then you are very very mistaken.

I suspect if I stumbled across an early sample of your
work I too would be unimpressed.

My first recording is still available. It is entitled
"Guitar After Midnight" and features Brian
Daly with the London Studio Orchestra, conducted by
John Cameron.. The fact that it is still in catalogue
speaks for its quality.

In professional recording your tutors make sure that
you are competent in all aspects before you are
involved in anything except internal practice projects.

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi...

George. I feel that Scott was not considering the matter of
tutoring, but the work that Arny does for schools on a
charitable basis.

Not so - it is work for pay.

Then Scott does indeed have the wrong end of the stick.

As somebody pointed out, a poor
recording might be better than no recording at all. And if
the school concerned had the money to pay for a decent
recording they probably wouldn't twice at Mr.K.

The schools pay the going rate.

And you are the best they can get?

A quick search in Google, under Michigan recording studios
brings up the following list:

http://www.madmanmike.com/recording_..._michigan.html

Without doubt, someone has an LRV (location recording vehicle)
Most companies are willing to give time for educational projects.

Perhaps there is some pseudo-religious humbug at work here.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"ScottW" wrote in message

That part of his activities is laudable. But he also states that
he teaches recording (also on a volutary unpaid basis)
I find this disturbing as the work of his that I have heard
is well below the level of most first year students!

Yet you have no idea of the vintage of that work or the
equipment used to produce it.

Scott. Having re-read your post, I thought it deserved
a second reply, (if only to correct my typos:-)

Incorect, Arny described precisely the equipment
he used.

If you think that older equipment is synonymous
with poor quality then you are very very mistaken.

I suspect if I stumbled across an early sample of your
work I too would be unimpressed.

You seem confused here, in your use of the words
"early sample" Arny claims to have made 1 000
recordings. So he is certainly not lacking in experience
(skill yes, but not experience) That is more than
most professional engineers record in a lifetime.
The concern is with quality, not quantity.

My first recording is still available. It is entitled
"Guitar After Midnight" and features Brian
Daly with the London Studio Orchestra, conducted by
John Cameron.. The fact that it is still in catalogue
speaks for its quality.

It features solo acoustic guitar, with large orchestra backing,
strings, horns, woodwinds etc.

In professional recording your tutors make sure that
you are competent in all aspects before you are
involved in anything except internal practice projects.

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe in your world, but not mine.

They are simply hired by the people running the festival to
adjudicate.

Maybe in your world, but not mine.

At the festivals I've worked, the judges and the festival director have been
colleagues for a goodly time and work together.

Typically, the festival director has been a judge at more than a few earlier
festivals.

Sometimes input is asked for.

Been there when it happened, which is about just about every festival.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
[...]

Shows what little you know about HS festivals, Iain. A recording vehicle
would be worse than useless at every festival I've worked. It would be a
vast pile of irrelevant technology and capital. All the technology that is
needed to do an excellent job fits on a hand truck quite nicely thank you!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 15, 1:55 am, "Iain Churches" wrote:

So much for the behaviour of a born-again Christian.
Shameful!

There are a couple of posters with no shame.

Good old Arns is one, the other one is trying very hard to be like
good old Arns.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 15, 5:20 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Shows what little you know about HS festivals, Iain. A recording vehicle
would be worse than useless at every festival I've worked. It would be a
vast pile of irrelevant technology and capital. All the technology that is
needed to do an excellent job fits on a hand truck quite nicely thank you!

So have you posted a selection of your 'work,' good old Arns?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

Iain, you've been caught in many lies, told in spite.

while you
wriggle and squirm, denying what you have previously
openly admitted was your recording.

Iain, Send me the MP3 and I'll confirm or deny it.

Even more odd is the
fact that you try to pass this ignominious effort on to George.

Name the source of your email, and why you even needed to resort to email if
the recording is posted on the web.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 3:32 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote in message

ti.fi...

George. I feel that Scott was not considering the matter of
tutoring, but the work that Arny does for schools on a
charitable basis.

Not so - it is work for pay.

As somebody pointed out, a poor
recording might be better than no recording at all. And if
the school concerned had the money to pay for a decent
recording they probably wouldn't twice at Mr.K.

The schools pay the going rate.

I take it all back, a complaint to the school board may be in order.

ScottW

It would be interesting to turn up in an LRV at one
of Arny's recording dates, and, with the consent of the
client, make a parallel recording, to show them how
their orchestra/choir could/should sound.

They would probably start litigation against Arny for
gross misrepresentation:-)

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 14, 4:16 pm, Jenn wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote:

Jenn.
Basset seems to have a fixation with homosexuality. Perhaps it is
the effect of the all those sheep and pigs with which he spends
his time. I wonder if he has a similar phobia for the black
races and those of the Jewish faith? What about a black,
Jewish tube amp builder???

My God! What a deviant! ;-)

I think Sander is incapacitated right now, so we cannot ask him if
he's black or Jewish.

We know he's a deviant, though: he's Dutch.

Can't have THAT!

Hi Jenn. Do you know the work of any of the early (C18th)
Dutch composers? They are quite wonderful. Carel Fodor,
Jean Meder, Christian Graaf, Johan Lentz, Pieter Hellendaal
are all worth a listen.

Sander has a proud trandition.

Regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

On Sep 14, 4:16 pm, Jenn wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote:

Jenn.
Basset seems to have a fixation with homosexuality. Perhaps it is
the effect of the all those sheep and pigs with which he spends
his time. I wonder if he has a similar phobia for the black
races and those of the Jewish faith? What about a black,
Jewish tube amp builder???

My God! What a deviant! ;-)

I think Sander is incapacitated right now, so we cannot ask him if
he's black or Jewish.

We know he's a deviant, though: he's Dutch.

Can't have THAT!

Hi Jenn. Do you know the work of any of the early (C18th)
Dutch composers? They are quite wonderful. Carel Fodor,
Jean Meder, Christian Graaf, Johan Lentz, Pieter Hellendaal
are all worth a listen.

I've heard of them, but just barely. I'll investigate; thanks for the
tip.

Sander has a proud trandition.

Regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message
[...]

Usually true.

Typically, the festival director has been a judge at more than a few earlier
festivals.

Usually true.

Sometimes input is asked for.

Been there when it happened, which is about just about every festival.

I don't know how it is in MI, but in CA, NV, OR, WA, AZ, and TX (the
places where I've judged festivals), the festival is usually run by a
local school district, school, or collection of schools, and they hire a
judging association (such as the Southern California School Band and
Orchestra Association or California Band Directors Association in CA, or
Oregon Band Directors Association in OR, etc.) who assigns a panel of
judges. Almost always, the sponsoring school(s) know the judges; we're
all colleagues and work together. Sometimes, they are "independent"
festivals and the sponsors hire the judges directly, sometimes from out
of state and often college colleagues, to reduce the chances of bias.
In both cases, the judges aren't involved in the organization of the
festivals; we just come and judge.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 15, 3:00 pm, "ScottW" wrote:

Times have changed and Arny isn't exactly producing
recordings for sale. He's in a different game.

Then why does good old Arns pretend that he's on the same level as a
pro?

If Iain was saying things like this to good old Arns, and all good old
Arns claimed to be was basically a concerned parent offering his time
to amateurishly record whatever he could, that would be one thing.
That is not the case.

Good old Arns feels he can hang with the pros because he's "been
there, done that." Good old Arns pretends to know as much as a
professional soldier without ever having been through Basic Combat
Training. Sound familiar? LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message

On Sep 14, 4:16 pm, Jenn wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote:

Jenn.
Basset seems to have a fixation with homosexuality. Perhaps it is
the effect of the all those sheep and pigs with which he spends
his time. I wonder if he has a similar phobia for the black
races and those of the Jewish faith? What about a black,
Jewish tube amp builder???

My God! What a deviant! ;-)

I think Sander is incapacitated right now, so we cannot ask him if
he's black or Jewish.

We know he's a deviant, though: he's Dutch.

Can't have THAT!

Hi Jenn. Do you know the work of any of the early (C18th)
Dutch composers? They are quite wonderful. Carel Fodor,
Jean Meder, Christian Graaf, Johan Lentz, Pieter Hellendaal
are all worth a listen.

I've heard of them, but just barely. I'll investigate; thanks for the
tip.

My favourite is William de Fesch, of Concerto Grosso
fame. His would be a good name to put at the top of your list.

Regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...
But I do get a little tired of people like Bassett and
Mr T (neither of whom probably know a French
horn from a frying pan)

But never seems to get tired of making stupid statements and false
assumptions!

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...
It would be interesting to turn up in an LRV at one
of Arny's recording dates, and, with the consent of the
client, make a parallel recording, to show them how
their orchestra/choir could/should sound.
They would probably start litigation against Arny for
gross misrepresentation:-)

I'm sure you are welcome to quote for their business.
Then you can let us know the real outcome, not just your fantasies.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article i,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

Hi Jenn. Do you know the work of any of the early (C18th)
Dutch composers? They are quite wonderful.Carel Fodor,
Jean Meder, Christian Graaf, Johan Lentz, Pieter Hellendaal
are all worth a listen.

Sander has a proud trandition.

Jeez. I don't recognize a single name. Google...Okay, Fodor is listed as
Carel Anton Fodor, distinguishing him from a coal merchant/art
collector.

They are all famous European composers. You may have composers
in the US (though not from the 1700s:-) that are unknown to us here.

These guys are all included in Olympia's "400 Years of Dutch Music"
series.

William de Fesch is my favourite Dutch composer.
I used to get a regular list of new releases from Olympia.
They seem to be out of business now.

Iain

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...
But I do get a little tired of people like Bassett and
Mr T (neither of whom probably know a French
horn from a frying pan)

But never seems to get tired of making stupid statements and false
assumptions!

MrT.

I really don't care about french horns, all I know is I can't cook
eggs and bacon in one, unlike a frying pan.