Troy

Default Dean Hayek...the New Elvis?? opinions?

Damn.....send this guy to Vegas!!!!

Very well done I like it.

SDOLMER wrote in message
An Elvis impersonator named Dean Hayek came into my studio to add his

voice to
some karaoke tracks. He had excellent pitch and rhythm and sounded like
Presley, so I suggested he record an original. So he dug up a tune he'd

written
while in high school, we arranged it to a modern techno groove. I think it
kicks butt. I like your opinions.
http://www.bambammann.com/dean.html

axtogrind

"SDOLMER" wrote in message
An Elvis impersonator named Dean Hayek came into my studio to add his

voice to
some karaoke tracks. He had excellent pitch and rhythm and sounded like
Presley, so I suggested he record an original. So he dug up a tune he'd

written
while in high school, we arranged it to a modern techno groove. I think it
kicks butt. I like your opinions.
http://www.bambammann.com/dean.html

Sounded great: the performance, the mix, Mr. Hayek. I really enjoy this
song.

Of course, you might consider that I don't know what I'm talking about. :-)
("I know what I like when I see it.")

atg

Rob Adelman

Roger W. Norman wrote:
That was fun. Edit that damned 16 bar intro! g Nothing like waiting 15
minutes for the vocal to roll in. Other than that, cool.

Picky, picky

Although I was kind of thinking the same thing. Like the song though.

John L Rice

Hey Roger,

Maybe give him a go at singing Broadway Billy? It might work with a little
Elvis spin on it. ;-)

John L Rice

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message
Oh, and it's nice to have playing when one is working around the studio.
I'm installing some new area rugs, cleaning the drum kit, etc., and the

song
just helps you bounce right through it.

Honestly, talk to the guy and get to working with him. If you can find
enough songs to do it would be a neat little CD.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"SDOLMER" wrote in message
An Elvis impersonator named Dean Hayek came into my studio to add his

voice to
some karaoke tracks. He had excellent pitch and rhythm and sounded like
Presley, so I suggested he record an original. So he dug up a tune he'd

written
while in high school, we arranged it to a modern techno groove. I think

it
kicks butt. I like your opinions.
http://www.bambammann.com/dean.html

Roger W. Norman

Well, now that you mention it, that might not be a bad idea. It's either
got to go more Carl Perkins, or with the piano, Jerry Lee, but Elvis kinda
fits. Certainly wouldn't be the way it stands now. Especially since I
didn't use the lead guitar part on this version.

Cool. Good thought there John. He's got a damned good voice and sense of
timing if he did this in a pass. If it's 15 passes together I can't tell.
I can imagine there was a whole lot of fun going on with this tune. To me
this is the kind of track you simply get finished, go out and get some beer
and celebrate. Wish I could have done it. Means I have to go back to some
creative thinking on my songs. Damn, just when you thought it was safe to

I'm just taking a studio clean up break (I mean clean up after 6 months of
neglect) and played some B3 on Dean's tune although it already has some on
it. I love songs I can play along with.

--

"SDOLMER" wrote in message
An Elvis impersonator named Dean Hayek came into my studio to add his

voice to
some karaoke tracks. He had excellent pitch and rhythm and sounded

like
Presley, so I suggested he record an original. So he dug up a tune

he'd
written
while in high school, we arranged it to a modern techno groove. I

think
it
kicks butt. I like your opinions.
http://www.bambammann.com/dean.html

Roger W. Norman

And OH, it needs more cowbell. I'm telling you it would be a hit, but I've
got to have more cowbell.

Is there anything on this song that could be there that isn't there?

I guess I need to find something else to do, but I'm sitting here waiting
for fill dirt for my patio. That's right guys, the patio is finally
starting to come together. What would you be doing if you were stuck
waiting for a delivery? I think music passes the time just fine!
Especially this little tune. It is actually the most fun I've had listening
to music in the past 6 months, and that includes Hayseed Dixie.

--

"SDOLMER" wrote in message
An Elvis impersonator named Dean Hayek came into my studio to add his

voice to
some karaoke tracks. He had excellent pitch and rhythm and sounded

like
Presley, so I suggested he record an original. So he dug up a tune

he'd
written
while in high school, we arranged it to a modern techno groove. I

think
it
kicks butt. I like your opinions.
http://www.bambammann.com/dean.html

Charles Thomas

Nobody is the new Elvis.

Nobody ever will be.

CT
Rob Adelman

Charles Thomas wrote:
Nobody is the new Elvis.

Nobody ever will be.

Thank goodness

Charles Thomas

In article ,
Rob Adelman wrote:

Thank goodness

"Your favorite band sucks." - The Onion
LeBaron & Alrich

Charles Thomas wrote:

Nobody is the new Elvis.

Nobody ever will be.

Long Live Nudie!

--
ha
Charles Thomas

In article ,
"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

Shouldn't this have a video with Chris Walken dancing? g I mean, just how
many things does this encorporate without actually being stupid and how far
could it go? There's every instrument you could want, great backing vocals
that are right there, well placed in the sound field, timing, hook, and it's
period specific and yet not. Damn, Sam must be chomping at the bit to get
out of the grave (needs slap back). I don't know when I've been so jazzed
about a simple song. Cool as ****. I'd love to know how it was done.

I agree about the song being decent and being well recorded.

But the bottom line for me is that this guy's trying to sound like Elvis
instead of trying to sound like himself.

That will result in him only going so far, IMO.

CT
Roger W. Norman

My bet is there are a lot of guys who somewhat sound like the E and get
pidgeon-holed. I wouldn't bet, however, that there weren't a ton of E fans
that wouldn't love to see something of their idol in new music.

In other words, I don't think he's trying to sound like Elvis, he just does.
And besides, who's to say that we don't need another Elvis right now? As
far as an Elvis impersonator goes, this isn't bad. For the unwashed masses
I don't see why it wouldn't fit as one of E's unreleased recordings! g

Maybe I just want rock music to go back to it's roots so that we can get on
about our business. I't tired of buried vocals, inadequately played
instruments, bad mixes and $15 discount prices! g

Then again, perhaps I'll feel different tomorrow. I doubt it.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio
Purchase your copy of the Fifth of RAP CD set at www.recaudiopro.net.
See how far $20 really goes.

"Charles Thomas" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

[...]

Les Cargill

Charles Thomas wrote:

Nobody is the new Elvis.

Nobody ever will be.

CT

Somebody will be to Elvis as Elvis was to Sinatra, though.

--
Les Cargill

Les Cargill wrote in message ...
Charles Thomas wrote:

Nobody is the new Elvis.

Nobody ever will be.

CT

Somebody will be to Elvis as Elvis was to Sinatra, though.

True, but it won't be Dean Hayek..
ryanm

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message

Maybe I just want rock music to go back to it's roots so that we can get

on
about our business. I't tired of buried vocals, inadequately played
instruments, bad mixes and $15 discount prices! g

I second that motion.

ryanm