Shure SM53 Grill Repair

Old April 27th 12, 04:37 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

Default Shure SM53 Grill Repair

I emailed RØDE and told them I had a dented grill and
asked whether it was possible to get it replaced. They just sent
me the whole outer body without a word or charge.

Old April 30th 12, 03:31 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_]

Based on my experiences in the last year, I suspect that Rode is a LOT more
customer-oriented than Shure is, at the moment. That's just a guess, though.

On 4/27/2012 11:37 AM, Tobiah wrote:
> I emailed RØDE and told them I had a dented grill and
> asked whether it was possible to get it replaced. They just sent
> me the whole outer body without a word or charge.
>
> On 04/26/2012 04:59 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
>> Does anyone know how the grill on a Shure SM53 is attached to the assembly?
>> There is a ring inside along with the sheet that controls plosives. It seems to
>> be glued in.
>>
>> The grill is dented, but it can be pushed out if I can get to it. At this point,
>> it looks like it's a no-go as I may have to destroy the "sheet" to get to the
>> grill.

Shure PE56D repair question Cyberserf[_2_] Pro Audio 2 October 31st 10 11:59 PM
Subwoofer grill Pete Car Audio 11 September 10th 06 03:18 AM
Which Is Better For Live Singing - Shure SM58 or Shure Beta 58 Mack Pro Audio 6 September 3rd 04 08:19 PM
sub grill problem T-REx Car Audio 0 October 23rd 03 01:58 AM
Sub Grill Zerotwist Car Audio 2 August 3rd 03 01:55 PM