Can anyone recommend a music attorney: Website infringement

Old April 23rd 12, 07:09 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~

Default Can anyone recommend a music attorney: Website infringement

The short 123. Years ago I posted songs at sound click.com and when I
realized they were not paying me for sales I tried to delete the
account. I tested the sales theory by purchasing 5 downloads myself.
They told me in an email that my account was deleted but they never
deleted it. I've written them several times to delete and they say
they have.... story goes on and Ive never seen a penny. I have records
and all I need is an attorney that covers this kind of case.

Any suggestions may be sent directly to me through my gail account

Thank you for any information.
Old April 23rd 12, 11:34 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mxsmanic

Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ writes:

> The short 123. Years ago I posted songs at sound click.com and when I
> realized they were not paying me for sales I tried to delete the
> account. I tested the sales theory by purchasing 5 downloads myself.
> They told me in an email that my account was deleted but they never
> deleted it. I've written them several times to delete and they say
> they have.... story goes on and Ive never seen a penny. I have records
> and all I need is an attorney that covers this kind of case.
>
> Any suggestions may be sent directly to me through my gail account
>

> Thank you for any information.

If you are in the U.S., you can issue a DMCA takedown to the site. If they
don't remove your song, you can issue the same takedown to their upstream
provider, in which case the upstream provider must shut the site down if it
doesn't remove the infringing material.
Old April 30th 12, 06:37 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~

On Apr 23, 5:34*am, Mxsmanic > wrote:
> Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ writes:
>
> > The short 123. Years ago I posted songs at sound click.com and when I
> > realized they were not paying me for sales I tried to delete the
> > account. I tested the sales theory by purchasing 5 downloads myself.
> > They told me in an email that my account was deleted but they never
> > deleted it. I've written them several times to delete and they say
> > they have.... story goes on and Ive never seen a penny. I have records
> > and all I need is an attorney that covers this kind of case.

> > Any suggestions may be sent directly to me through my gail account
> >

> > Thank you for any information.

> If you are in the U.S., you can issue a DMCA takedown to the site. If they
> don't remove your song, you can issue the same takedown to their upstream
> provider, in which case the upstream provider must shut the site down if it
> doesn't remove the infringing material.

Success. Took a week but it got done. thanks