Marco Faasse

Default Protools to Adat sync

How are you syncing? The optical is just for Digital I/O..........

"Ken Platt" schreef in bericht
Been trying to sync ProTools LE 5.1.1 Win 98SE (Digi001) to Adat via

optical
and have been getting clicks and pops (sync noise?). I've tried soooo

many
things my brain hurts. I've been all through the manuals and no luck. I
know we had this talking to a O1V board thru Adat some time ago so I know

it
can be done. Also we would like to lock the transports together and the

PT
manual is VERY confusing. We have a BRC and no manual.
Could someone please offer up the magic answer?
Please excuse our ignorance
TIA
Ken

Mike Caffrey

In article , "Ken Platt"
wrote:

Been trying to sync ProTools LE 5.1.1 Win 98SE (Digi001) to Adat via optical
and have been getting clicks and pops (sync noise?). I've tried soooo many
things my brain hurts. I've been all through the manuals and no luck. I
know we had this talking to a O1V board thru Adat some time ago so I know it
can be done. Also we would like to lock the transports together and the PT
manual is VERY confusing. We have a BRC and no manual.
Could someone please offer up the magic answer?
Please excuse our ignorance
TIA
Ken

Under "hardware" un the pulldown menu which I think it on the menu bar as
"Set ups" set the clock source to "optical."

Or leav it on Internal, turn off the BRC and go to the face of the ADATs
and set them to external clock witht the correct sample rate. This will
probably cuase some ADAT tpe plackback problems, so it's robably not you
best option unless you are using ADATs as converters to hit an analog
board.

For proper syncing I think you need a Didi Universal Slave Driver for a
SMPTE source, but I don't know much about LE systems. Maybe you have a
SMPTE source.

You may be able to transfer from ADAT to PT without SMPTE, but you won't
beable to get back to the ADAT ins sycn without it.

www.monsterisland.com