onkyo CP-1200A belt drive TT - how to pull the table so I can replace the belt

Old December 30th 11, 02:26 PM posted to rec.audio.pro,
Ty Ford

Default onkyo CP-1200A belt drive TT - how to pull the table so I can replace the belt

The belt of my wife's Onkyo CP-1200A turntable is shot. Pulling the platter
should be easy, but gentle tugging on the platter seems to indicate there's a
catch somewhere.

Anyone got a clue

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Old December 30th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich

Ty Ford > wrote:

> The belt of my wife's Onkyo CP-1200A turntable is shot. Pulling the platter
> should be easy, but gentle tugging on the platter seems to indicate there's a
> catch somewhere.
>
> Anyone got a clue

This site claims to offer belts with installation instructions included:

http://www.turntablebasics.com/belts/onkyo.html

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Old December 30th 11, 03:08 PM posted to rec.audio.pro,

In article ET>,
Ty Ford > wrote:
>The belt of my wife's Onkyo CP-1200A turntable is shot. Pulling the platter
>should be easy, but gentle tugging on the platter seems to indicate there's a
>catch somewhere.
>
>Anyone got a clue

Get a service manual from
http://www.vinylengine.com/library/onkyo/cp-1200a.shtml

And I bet you'll find a C-clip holding the center shaft in place.
Old December 30th 11, 11:25 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom McCreadie

>The belt of my wife's Onkyo CP-1200A turntable is shot

Her own turntable? Thin end of the wedge there, Ty.
Next she'll be wanting her own toothbrush :-)
--
Tom McCreadie

What's brown and looks good on a banker?..a Rottweiler
Old January 1st 12, 08:10 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:08:29 -0500, Scott Dorsey wrote
(in article >):

> In article ET>,
> Ty Ford > wrote:
>> The belt of my wife's Onkyo CP-1200A turntable is shot. Pulling the platter
>> should be easy, but gentle tugging on the platter seems to indicate there's
>> catch somewhere.
>>
>> Anyone got a clue

> Get a service manual from
> http://www.vinylengine.com/library/onkyo/cp-1200a.shtml
>
> And I bet you'll find a C-clip holding the center shaft in place.
> --scott

Thanks scott,

not on top. The spindle top and platter are all one piece.

Ty

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Old January 3rd 12, 01:18 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 15:10:22 -0500, Ty Ford wrote
(in article ET>):

Found the release!

Never mind.

Regards,

Old January 3rd 12, 04:41 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

On 1/2/2012 8:18 PM, Ty Ford wrote:

> Found the release!
> Never mind.

You mean that 5 pound ball peen hammer in your garage? <g>

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Old January 3rd 12, 09:59 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 11:41:28 -0500, Mike Rivers wrote
(in article >):

> On 1/2/2012 8:18 PM, Ty Ford wrote:
>
>> Found the release!
>> Never mind.

> You mean that 5 pound ball peen hammer in your garage? <g>

No, that's for migraines and being hit on the head lessons. This was a
smallish lever.

HNY, Mike,

Ty

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA