Ryan

Default HELP!

Hi,
I'm having trouble setting up my system and was hoping for some
assistance.
I have:
Pioneer Premier DEH-p550mp
stock fronts and rears
Clarion Dual 4Ohm sub 200rms/400max
Premier gxm644 2/3/4 50wx4@1-8Ohms or 170wx2@2-8Ohms(bridged)

The problem being that my stock coaxs cant handle the bass if the
heads HPF isn't on. But somehow the HPF cuts off the sub RCAs.

Anyway I have the sub in parallel on one bridged amp channel.
This should be fine but my bass cuts out periodically after extended
use.

I hope that's enough info.
Thanks in advance.
Sanitarium

Its possible the amp is overheating. Make sure its gets enough free air
circulating around it. Are you certain that amp is capable of driving 2
ohm loads when bridged mono? That would make it stable to 1 ohm in
stereo. IMHO you might want to rewire your subs in series just to play
it safe, and see if this improves the amps stability. Hopefully the amp
has not suffered permanent damage.

Good Luck,
Garrett