Default Bose studiocraft st 1000

Hi
I have been chasing a set of older bose studiocraft speakers for a few
years now without any luck. has anybody heard or heard of these
speakers? model st 1000.....they are large speakers.

Trevor Wilson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
I have been chasing a set of older bose studiocraft speakers for a few
years now without any luck. has anybody heard or heard of these
speakers? model st 1000.....they are large speakers.

**They were crap speakers, in their time. If you're lucky, they'll all be in
land fill by now.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Michael Conzo

From: "Trevor Wilson"
Date: 2000/07/19

**True. However, based on some informal comments, from local Bose dealers, I
suspect the 901 will not be around for much longer. It's sales are dismally
low. Sophisticated surround sound devices, will hammer the final nails into
the coffin of a fabulously successful product

This would look to be five years ago mate, and your still attacking Bose
every chance you get. This response would look to be no different.

Believe it or not some people like the 901. Personally I think ALL Bose
audio products are grossly overpriced.

Third, you smell worse than Margaret. Moonlighting on a tuna boat?

George M. Middius

Paltry Schizman said:

Believe it or not some people like the 901. Personally I think ALL Bose
audio products are grossly overpriced.

Firstly, all Bose products are crap. Secondly, no one really cares what
you think.

Hahaha! LOL! You're a riot!

George M. Middius

Da Angry Redneck sputtered:

Third, you smell worse than Margaret. Moonlighting on a tuna boat?

Out of curiosity, how do you know what Margaret smells like?

This is jealousy. The real deal.

From: "Trevor Wilson"
Date: 2000/07/19

**True. However, based on some informal comments, from local Bose
dealers, I
suspect the 901 will not be around for much longer. It's sales are
dismally
low. Sophisticated surround sound devices, will hammer the final nails
into
the coffin of a fabulously successful product

This would look to be five years ago mate, and your still attacking Bose
every chance you get. This response would look to be no different.

**What I said back then and the other day, were perfectly consistent,
accurate comments. Bose only keeps the 901 alive, because it would require a
serious loss of credibility to kill it off. 901 sales are virtually
non-existent. Studiocraft were crap. ALL Bose products are/were crap.

If you have some hard evidence to prove me wrong, then present it.

PS: May I please have a double chocolate/chocolate chip ice cream, in a
waffle cone?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Michael Conzo

"Trevor Wilson" wrote:

**What I said back then and the other day, were perfectly consistent,
accurate comments. Bose only keeps the 901 alive, because it would require a
serious loss of credibility to kill it off. 901 sales are virtually
non-existent. Studiocraft were crap. ALL Bose products are/were crap.

If you have some hard evidence to prove me wrong, then present it.

PS: May I please have a double chocolate/chocolate chip ice cream, in a
waffle cone?

A finacially experienced company like Bose wouldn't seem to be the type to
keep selling an unprofitable product. After all, that's why the
Studiocrafts were ended, wasn't it?

You should know better than to believe the rantings of some here. Or is
everyone in Brisbane supposed to be Mccarty?

Trevor Wilson

"Trevor Wilson" wrote:

**What I said back then and the other day, were perfectly consistent,
accurate comments. Bose only keeps the 901 alive, because it would
require a
serious loss of credibility to kill it off. 901 sales are virtually
non-existent. Studiocraft were crap. ALL Bose products are/were crap.

If you have some hard evidence to prove me wrong, then present it.

PS: May I please have a double chocolate/chocolate chip ice cream, in a
waffle cone?

A finacially experienced company like Bose wouldn't seem to be the type to
keep selling an unprofitable product.

**You'd think so. Being a private company, it is impossible for anyone to
obtain sales stats from Bose Corp. However, I've spoken to every Bose dealer
in Sydney. NONE have sold a pair of 901s in several years. I suggest that
Bose now sells so few 901 speaker systems that the numbers are unsupportable
from a strictly financially reasonable position. From a prestige position,
of course, it is a whole 'nuther story. Bose needs to keep the 901 myth
alive, in order to get more suckers to buy their profitable crap (ie: Their
Lifestyle systems).

After all, that's why the
Studiocrafts were ended, wasn't it?

**Indeed. Studiocarft were crap, conventional speakers. No loss for Bose to
kill them off. In fact, it was probably a smart marketing move. Sort of like
telling the market: "See, we built conventional speakers, but no one wanted
them. We will henceforth concentrate on our own unique systems." Or words to
that effect.

You should know better than to believe the rantings of some here. Or is
everyone in Brisbane supposed to be Mccarty?

**Anyone who so steadfastly supports such unmitigated garbage as Bose
products, deserves to be called McCarty.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Sander deWaal

Michael Conzo said:

You should know better than to believe the rantings of some here. Or is
everyone in Brisbane supposed to be Mccarty?

Well, what are the odds of finding actually 2 different people in
favor of Bose in just one small city? ;-)

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005

thanks everyone for your comments.
im not a big bose fan really, but i have heard a recent comparison of
these
bose monsters with a few decent pairs of speakers, like my fathers b&w
630's
and jamo concert 7's. I found the studiocrafts had more dynamic range
and a tighter
sound with much more bass. I played several different tracks, they were
especially good
on the rythmic jazz recordings. but after watching titanic at a decent
volume level
i was blown away at the performance of these bose.....

am curious has any body really heard these speakers? or just having a
bose bash....

Clyde Slick

wrote in message
oups.com...

As for the Bose speakers, if you were in the US, I'd suggest you try
eBay.com, flea markets, pawn shops, charity stores, etc.

Don't forget to check out the landfill.

Clyde Slick wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

As for the Bose speakers, if you were in the US, I'd suggest you try
eBay.com, flea markets, pawn shops, charity stores, etc.

Don't forget to check out the landfill.

Yeah, just dig through the piles of discarded tube amps and turntables
and you might find a speaker or two. ;-)

Clyde Slick

wrote in message
oups.com...

Clyde Slick wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

As for the Bose speakers, if you were in the US, I'd suggest you try
eBay.com, flea markets, pawn shops, charity stores, etc.

Don't forget to check out the landfill.

Yeah, just dig through the piles of discarded tube amps and turntables
and you might find a speaker or two. ;-)

My buddy did find a Marantz 7C at the local thrift shop.
I found and RCA LSC 1817 Fiedler Gaite Parisiane at
an Escondido thrift shop. Both in great shape.

Rick C Rick C is offline
Junior Member

I have an old pair of ST 1000 interaudio/Bose speakers.

very heavy, very large.

Great base, tight top end but getting a little old. Needed some gentle re-soldering of one of the fuses for the top end speaker.

Still great for cranking out tunes at a house party and as the fronts for deep bass during movies.

rated up to 200W each, needing a pretty powerful amp to drive them.

pumepeunurf pumepeunurf is offline
Banned

Location: Austria
Send a message via ICQ to pumepeunurf

I want to put an JL amp to replace my bose amp in the trunk of my 05 allorad

anyone have a wiring schematic of the harness?
Im thing I just want to tap into that

thx