thomh

Default Super DVD Technology Introduced

What do you guys make of this?

http://www.stradivarisociety.com/News-JapanDVD.htm

_______
Thom
Scott

To me it sounds like it may fix the inherent problems with SACD and its low
sampling frequency. But in all reality- who is going to support this format?
I'd wonder whether Sony and Phillips would adopt or allow this format to
take place. It never mentioned whether it uses a DSD type encoding or just 1
bit- which I'm not sure are the same thing. I do know DSD uses 1 bit
technology. It would be interesting if Sony adopted this as SACD Wide like
its current recording methods of mixing. Maybe call it Hi-SACD.

Super It DESPERATE west High End Audio 2 December 9th 03 10:06 PM
Atlantic Technology advice sought [email protected] Audio Opinions 110 November 29th 03 07:15 PM
Advice on Atlantic Technology, please [email protected] General 0 November 24th 03 05:25 AM
O.T. Grocery clerks strike Michael Mckelvy Audio Opinions 338 November 14th 03 07:32 PM
Symposium Super Plus?? IanC High End Audio 0 September 24th 03 10:10 PM