James Mitchell

Default GFP-750 Preamp Volume and Balance Controls

I just bought an Adcom GFP-750 preamp. I am very happy with the sound
quality although the two knobs controlling the volume and balance pots allow
'wiggle', for lack of a better term. These controls are motorized. I
believe the motor connection with the pot shafts are not perfectly matched.
This is irritating when manually changing volume or balance because the
'wiggle' turning range actually alters the volume or balance setting. It
also really cheapens the feel of an otherwise well made piece of equipment.

Also, the balance control actually increases the volume of one channel while
decreasing the other, as if it is an ordinary 2 gaing pot with 1 gang
inverted. Is this correct?

Is these problems common with the GFP-750, or do I have a defective unit? I
feel loose pots are unacceptable on a unit retailing for $1400.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Uptown Audio

Since you have "just bought" it, exchange it for a better unit. If you
let us know what other brands are available at the store there, we
might be able to make some suggestions.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"James Mitchell" wrote in message
[...]

Norman Schwartz

[...]

Your unit is clearly unacceptable. You get your money back or a replacement
which performs properly.