Posted to rec.music.classical.guitar, rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.tech
[email protected] pawelgolanski2@gmail.com is offline

Default Fender American Vintage Series

U.S.-made guitars built to classic specs with meticulous period-
correct features from the '50s, '60s and '70s.

http://pro-guitars.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.music.classical.guitar,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Jez Jez is offline

wrote in message
U.S.-made guitars built to classic specs with meticulous period-
correct features from the '50s, '60s and '70s.

http://pro-guitars.blogspot.com/

I used to play an original 1972 Fender Telecaster.
Damn fine guitar it was too.
Until I dropped it down the stairs, and broke the headstock.

--
Jez, MBA., Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
'Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.'-Zappa

Posted to rec.music.classical.guitar,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Carlos Barrientos Carlos Barrientos is offline

Jez wrote:
wrote in message
U.S.-made guitars built to classic specs with meticulous period-
correct features from the '50s, '60s and '70s.

http://pro-guitars.blogspot.com/

I used to play an original 1972 Fender Telecaster.
Damn fine guitar it was too.
Until I dropped it down the stairs, and broke the headstock.

Buy a new neck?

--
Carlos Barrientos
"
Posted to rec.music.classical.guitar,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Jez Jez is offline

"Carlos Barrientos" wrote in message
Jez wrote:
wrote in message
U.S.-made guitars built to classic specs with meticulous period-
correct features from the '50s, '60s and '70s.

http://pro-guitars.blogspot.com/

I used to play an original 1972 Fender Telecaster.
Damn fine guitar it was too.
Until I dropped it down the stairs, and broke the headstock.

Buy a new neck?

I gave it back to my little brother, (who actually owned it!)
and he had it repaired last year, (Or the year before).
It plays as good as ever...or so he says.

--
Jez, MBA., Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
'Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.'-Zappa

Posted to rec.music.classical.guitar, rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.tech
Curmudgeon Curmudgeon is offline

On Jan 27, 4:31 am, "Jez" wrote:
wrote in message

U.S.-made guitars built to classic specs with meticulous period-
correct features from the '50s, '60s and '70s.

http://pro-guitars.blogspot.com/

I used to play an original 1972 Fender Telecaster.
Damn fine guitar it was too.
Until I dropped it down the stairs, and broke the headstock.

--
Jez, MBA., Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
'Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.'-Zappa

I had late 50's Strat and Jazzmaster - sold them both around 1962 when
I took up classical (I was in the Army and had no place to store an
amplifier, so I dumped all of the gear). As it turns out, much like my
first marriage, this was not the best financial decision I ever made...

Posted to rec.music.classical.guitar, rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.tech
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

On Jan 26, 11:31*pm, "Jez" wrote:
I used to play an original 1972 Fender Telecaster.
Damn fine guitar it was too.
Until I dropped it down the stairs, and broke the headstock.

--

It's tough to break a Fender neck due to it's construction being of a
single piece of straight grain maple - Leo Fender was a very smart

The good news is that a new neck can be eaisly found or can be custom
made to your specs. I think you'd like the guitar even more if you did
that.

david

On Jan 27, 4:16*am, Curmudgeon wrote:
On Jan 27, 4:31 am, "Jez" wrote:

wrote in message

U.S.-made guitars built to classic specs with meticulous period-
correct features from the '50s, '60s and '70s.

http://pro-guitars.blogspot.com/

I used to play an original 1972 Fender Telecaster.
Damn fine guitar it was too.
Until I dropped it down the stairs, and broke the headstock.

--
Jez, MBA., Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
'Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.'-Zappa

I had late 50's Strat and Jazzmaster - sold them both around 1962 when
I took up classical (I was in the Army and had no place to store an
amplifier, so I dumped all of the gear). As it turns out, much like my
first marriage, this was not the best financial decision I ever made...- Hide quoted text -

Back in the early 70's the local price on Strats would be about $125
or $150 for an early 60s or late 50s model. They were pretty much a
comodity item and easy to find. I no longer keep close watch but these
Strats were going for about $16K to $25K+ in eBay last time I looked.
Not bad for a mass produced factory guitar!

david