Posted to rec.audio.car
Zeppo Zeppo is offline

Default JVC KD-SX980 question

I've inherited a '97 Subaru Legacy from my cousin which I am going to give
my son as his first car. The car has a JVS KD-SX(*) deck in it which will be
perfect for my son as it has an accessory port for his iPod.

The unit plays CDs and through the accessory port just fine but the tuner
will not let me switch to manual mode to set the stations. The stations on
all 3 bands are set to unused spots on the band except for one, which plays
OK.

Does this problem sound like its something in the removable face or the rest
of the unit in the dash? Used faceplates are available on eBay for ~$20. It
might be worth a shot if this tuner electronics are in the faceplate.

Anyone know how these are constructed?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

There is nothing wrong with the faceplate. At least there shouldn't be. You
can download a copy of the owners manual on JVC's website.
http://books.jvcservice.com/download...7/49709IEN.pdf. All you need to
do is find the proper combination of buttons or button to push and get it
set to manual mode. I just tried downloading the manual but my ISP seems to
be having problems as it always does thus I can not read it and tell you
exactly what you need to do. Good luck though.