Posted to rec.audio.high-end
WindsorFox[_2_] WindsorFox[_2_] is offline

Default Ideas for replacing and Mirage tweeter

I have a pair of M1's and I have a bad tweeter. I'm looking for
ideas on what or how I can replace it. I can not seem to find either a
used tweeter or a diaphragm for repair. Any ideas are welcome.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
erich erich is offline

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 03:43:33 +0000, WindsorFox wrote:

I have a pair of M1's and I have a bad tweeter. I'm looking for
ideas on what or how I can replace it. I can not seem to find either a
used tweeter or a diaphragm for repair. Any ideas are welcome.

By far the best thing you could do is contact Mirage and ask about a
replacement. They may even send you one for free.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
dezza dezza is offline

Have you contacted the manufacturer ?
If they don't have replacements then they may tell you who does.

Dezza.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end

erich wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 03:43:33 +0000, WindsorFox wrote:

I have a pair of M1's and I have a bad tweeter. I'm looking for
ideas on what or how I can replace it. I can not seem to find either a
used tweeter or a diaphragm for repair. Any ideas are welcome.

By far the best thing you could do is contact Mirage and ask about a
replacement. They may even send you one for free.

Okay, I probably should have noted in my OP that I have exhausted
that direction of searching before I started scouring the Internet. I am
waiting for a return call from the listed repair facility in Dallas, but
apparently since Mirage was taken over by the Klipsch Group things have
gone to hell in a hand basket. There was a guy in NY contracted by
Mirage to do repairs who was repairing these tweeters, post Klipsch he
is gone and I do not know how to find him. I must say the guy in the
parts dept. at Mirage was of painfully little help and rather genuinely
unconcerned that I have a very good pair of what was very expensive
speakers that are no longer properly functioning.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
erich erich is offline

Okay, I probably should have noted in my OP that I have exhausted
that direction of searching before I started scouring the Internet. I am
waiting for a return call from the listed repair facility in Dallas, but
apparently since Mirage was taken over by the Klipsch Group things have
gone to hell in a hand basket. There was a guy in NY contracted by
Mirage to do repairs who was repairing these tweeters, post Klipsch he
is gone and I do not know how to find him. I must say the guy in the
parts dept. at Mirage was of painfully little help and rather genuinely
unconcerned that I have a very good pair of what was very expensive
speakers that are no longer properly functioning.

Yes, I can appreciate your frustration. The parts person at Mirage is
probably spending his time looking for another job and could care less
about customers.

I have a pair of AR-90 speakers that I purchased some 25-30 years ago and
found some support for keeping them going on classicspeakers.net. While
Mirage is not one of their specialties you might find some advise there.

I'd be persistent on this one - eventually some form of support will
emerge as there is clearly a need.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

erich wrote:
[...]

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/ :-P
Thanks for the lead.

WTB- Tweeter for Mirage M1 WindsorFox Marketplace 0 October 28th 06 12:14 AM
FS: Mirage 260 Speakers Les Rosenberg Marketplace 0 December 15th 05 06:42 PM
WTB- Mirage OM-8 MD Marketplace 0 July 23rd 05 03:16 PM
WTB - one Mirage M3si MD Marketplace 0 July 16th 05 10:11 PM
WTB - one Mirage M3si MD Audio Opinions 0 July 16th 05 10:10 PM