Fastfwd

Default Enhanced LCPM Stereo?

I haven't been keeping up with things. I bought a DVD-A player a few years
back and I enjoy the occasional DVD-A. I have yet to purchase anything yet
in the Dual Disc format and there is an upcoming release by Sony:
http://www.fiona-apple.com/ Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine which is
using the Enhanced LCPM Stereo on its DVD side. I understand this to be a
format that is generally playable by DVD players that can handle the higher
resolution formats? Is that correct? Does 'enhanced' denote that it is of
a resolution that will not be compatible with standard DVD players at all?

Any information or resources would be appreciated. I'm not finding much. I
have seen that Sony is using this instead of DVD-A on it's releases, but I'm
finding little else really.

--
A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies