JWelsh3374

Default Robert Quine RIP

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/08/ar...1087272000&en=
1b33638958789fe4&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

His playing on Matthew Sweets' "Girlfriend" record was incredible!! Great
textures and a little thing called "counterpoint" in his style.

Punk counterpoint! Go figure...

Wow...also did not know he was 61! They're saying suicide....sad.

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
Willie K.Yee, M.D.

I went to college with Bob Quine. He was the only dude there with a
Strat. Extremely intense about music and nothing else, with a weird
awkward vibe about him. Since he did not major in music, I have no
idea how he got through college.

On 08 Jun 2004 13:34:10 GMT, ojunk (JWelsh3374)
wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/08/ar...1087272000&en=
1b33638958789fe4&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

His playing on Matthew Sweets' "Girlfriend" record was incredible!! Great
textures and a little thing called "counterpoint" in his style.

Punk counterpoint! Go figure...

Wow...also did not know he was 61! They're saying suicide....sad.

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org

transducr

ojunk (JWelsh3374) wrote in message ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/08/ar...1087272000&en=
1b33638958789fe4&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

His playing on Matthew Sweets' "Girlfriend" record was incredible!! Great
textures and a little thing called "counterpoint" in his style.

Punk counterpoint! Go figure...

Wow...also did not know he was 61! They're saying suicide....sad.

very sad.

apparently his wife died suddenly just under a year ago and he
(understandably) had a lot of trouble coping.

his work with Matthew Sweet is fantastic, but the first Richard Hell &
The Voidoids record is incredible. if you haven't heard it, you should
check it out.

he may be my favorite guitarist...
Nick H

****.
Fill X

god, I loved his playing. "Love comes in spurts" solo ends on the open strings.
I love that. It's really sad.

P h i l i p

"I'm too ****ing busy and vice-versa"

- Dorothy Parker