Phildo at sea

Default Revised version of: Bankrupt soundman needs a gig!

"Tim Scott" wrote in message ...
"Phildo at sea" wrote in message
om...
"Tim Scott" wrote in message

start applying for cruise ships.

Seconded. www.c-deck.com - Jimmy and Merina are great people.

We need someone to replace me on here. I have to leave May 23rd,
cannot extend and they have yet to find anyone. Poor sod will probably
end up with a 2 hour handover the day I leave when you are supposed to
get 2 weeks.

My first cruise I got no handover ... the previous guy, supposed to be doing
a holiday cover, decided he didn't want the job before even mixing one
show - he just looked like a rabbit caught in headlights at the prospect of
14 mics, 7 piece band and a script! He got off one day after his handover
had finished I think - so the ship ran for almost a full cruise with the
ship's general sound/light guy doing the theatre sound job, til I was flown
to the caribbean to take over. Was not fun trying to get a handle on all
those shows with only one rehearsal each - 14 omni mics, with the speakers
half back up stage - trying to get the vox above the band was a nightmare -
there was a graph across the vox groups with a very severe curve on it.

That's not so bad if you're just doing sound. On here I have to do
everything from running the ship's TV system, setting mics up all over
the place, running lights AND sound for everything, tons of paperwork
and numerous other jobs. They are supposed to join tomorrow but they
still haven't found anyone.

Phildo
Dan Gruner

"Jim Saurman" wrote in message
Okay, everyone has spoken, and most people said that I shouldn't even
mention all the bad, bad, bad, evil, evil, things that have befallen me,

so
let me start again from scratch:

I'm a sound engineer who is currently seeking a job.
I have 18 years experience FOH and Monitors.
Willing to start at an entry level position, maintenance, repairs, loading
trucks, whatever.
Hard worker and dependable.
No drugs, social drinker (3 beers a week).
Will relocate to any part of the world.
Flexible, low stress personality.
Tons of references.
Available IMMEDIATELY.

I would be happy to email you my resume.

Thanks,

JIM

813-241-4954

Have a nice day :^)

"Will relocate to any part of the world" - Really?? How many gigs/how much
minumum would you be prepared to do for this?

Dan

Tim Scott

"Dan Gruner" wrote in message

"Jim Saurman" wrote in message

"Will relocate to any part of the world" - Really?? How many gigs/how

much
minumum would you be prepared to do for this?

If that really is the case then ships really is a good option.

Jim Saurman

"Dan Gruner" wrote in
:

"Will relocate to any part of the world" - Really?? How many gigs/how
much minumum would you be prepared to do for this?

Was this a metaphorical question or an actual question?

Well obviously I'm not going to move to Thailand to run sound for $1.25 an
hour, but for $20 an hour, I'd seriously consider it.

JIM

P.S. A big thank you to all those who have posted useful information,
called me and offered help, and given words of encouragement.
Phildo at sea

"Tim Scott" wrote in message ...
"Dan Gruner" wrote in message

"Jim Saurman" wrote in message

"Will relocate to any part of the world" - Really?? How many gigs/how

much
minumum would you be prepared to do for this?

If that really is the case then ships really is a good option.

www.c-deck.com - Jimmy Chickey and Merina Dixon. Great people to deal with.

Phildo

Tim Scott

"Tim Scott" wrote in message

"Dan Gruner" wrote in message

"Jim Saurman" wrote in message

"Will relocate to any part of the world" - Really?? How many gigs/how

much
minumum would you be prepared to do for this?

If that really is the case then ships really is a good option.

www.c-deck.com - Jimmy Chickey and Merina Dixon. Great people to deal

with.

I can second that - was given Jimmy's email from another ship tech friend, i
knew when i was thinking about working on ships ... unfortunately he wasn't
the first offer i had, and so i wasn't available when he contacted me - but
is certainly on my contacts list if i ever want to change ship companies.
If he is bankrupt then the tax free pay of a ship would be a big advantage,
as well as the free medical, dental etc.