mikeG

Default A little bass?

New to this group.
6 x 9 Boston Acoustics are in the back of my Grand Prix, Eclipse 5"
components are in the front. I'm using an Alpine deck and alpine 4 channel
amp.
I'm looking to round out the sound of my system with a little low end. I
have no interest in rattling the trunk, so I'm not after power.
I'm not a die hard audiophile, so I'm willing to accept something less than
top of the line to hold the price down to less than $250 for everything.

The Bazooka 8" powered tube seems to fit my need in terms of price and ease
of installation, but might be a bit boomy sounding.

I'm thinking a single 8" sub of decent quality, plus a wimpy amp might do
the trick.
If possible I'd like a buy-and-bolt purchase, but have the tools to build my
own MDF box if that's what it takes to hit my budget and quality check list.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mike

I have always been a HUGE fan of 8" subs. I have always used them
(untill now, i bought a 12" sub...price wasright). I dont like huge
BOOM BOOM either.... i just like good sounding music without going
deaf. Here is my advice based on my experince with 8" subs.

If you use 1 8" sub in the trunk, You may not get much out of it. If
you can find a place in the cockpit/cabin, you will love it!

Thats all i gotta say about that!

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 22:52:40 -0700, "mikeG"
wrote:

[...]

TT

Older Alpine 100W RMS Amp (MRV100M is what I use, ebay?) or a newer amp that
runs around $99
Brand new Momo boxed 10" sub model MM10 ($139+ship at sounddomain.com)

For about $250, you'll be good to go, I'm running the setup above and am
very happy with it. Gives the "oomph" needed without rattling your vehicle
to pieces (or to your neighbors disgust). Anyway, that's my suggestion.

-T

"mikeG" wrote in message
[...]

---