Bryan Jackson

Default Car/Home Audio Cross

Ok, well here is my plan. Right now I have 2 10" Alpine Type R's
driven by a Lanzar Rack Mount 1600 amp (supposidly 2 x 400 wrms).
Would it be a horrible idea for me to put my amp into bridged mode
with just one Alpine Type R 10" and take the other type r and make an
enclosure for it and buy a DJ amp to power it for my home theatre
system?

Wow, that sounded like a horrible idea when I wrote it down, but
sounded like a good idea in my head.....
Budgetaudio

I guess if the DJ amp has a sub out or you get a crossover so it can power the
sub it might be allright. The DJ amp would have handle a 4 ohm load. But I
don't know how it would sound, I have never owned a DJ amp.

Troy
carbudgetaudio.com
Kevin Murray

It would take a fairly expensive DJ amp to tolerate being bridged into a 4
ohm load. If you go this route everything should work, however I think you'd
be happier leaving both Alpine subs in your car and pursuing an inexpensive
home theatre sub project. It's unlikely you will be able to compensate for
the loss of one sub in your car by driving the hell out of the remaining
one, due to the effects of power compression and driver non-linearity at
high power levels.
Using an 8 ohm sub (or two 4's) for a home project would give you a wide
selection of inexpensive amplifiers that can handle the load. The cost of
sub and amp would likely end up lower than the cost of an exotic amp. Plus
it's more satisfying to build your own purpose-built project than to create
a work-around.

om...

AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 21st 04 11:05 PM
Crazy market saturation! CatalystX Car Audio 48 February 12th 04 09:18 AM
Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom Mark General 8 August 5th 03 07:39 PM
fix audio files [email protected] General 1 July 15th 03 05:44 PM
gps install: how to mix its audio (voice prompting) with head unit audio-out? bryan Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 05:46 PM