wicked1

Default Any FAQ's or guidelines on designing ported boxes using bassbox 6 pro or winisd?

I bought me a pair of the RE HC 15's today and want to get the "Ultimate"
enlcosure made for them. I am playing with the different box sizes etc and
am noticing that between the bigger ported boxes the efficency doesnt go up
a whole lot from 3.5^3 ported to 5^3 ported tuned to 28 HZ. Is it true you
want the most surface area for the vent as possible yet still remain within
the tuning specs?I would like to read up on tweaking ported boxes but havent
seen any FAQ's on google that address these types of questions. I plan on
1000-1500W RMS each sub.
Thanks
ps
School Me