wicked1

Default earthquake shredder issues AGAIN

Damnit! My amp gave out this evening. Why oh why. The protection light was
not on and the temp light is not lit. Its lukewarm to the touch and doesnt
smell burnt. If this damn thing came unsoldered again. Or could it be the
fuse internally?I wasnt running it that hard at all. 1.6 ohms and gain at 12
o clock position.Ideas?It was on for about 1 hour.

wicked1

Earthquakes customer service is the worst damn service I have ever seen. I
offered to pay to get it repaired and or modded and they took my name and
number and promised a call back. I have done this 3 times no call back.The
power supply blew in this one due to low voltage.Ampdoc is trying to fix it
for me but earthquake doesnt seem to want to tell him the part numbers yet
that he needs to replace.I might end up going with 2 Hifonics Brutus 1500's
to replace this after it gets up and running again. Not becuase it isnt
powerful but this is just terrible support.I had 1 Brutus 1500 before and I
liked it but wanted something bigger and bought this earthquake. Bad move in
my eyes. I will never own anything that says earthquake on it again.

"wicked1" wrote in message
Damnit! My amp gave out this evening. Why oh why. The protection light was
not on and the temp light is not lit. Its lukewarm to the touch and doesnt
smell burnt. If this damn thing came unsoldered again. Or could it be the
fuse internally?I wasnt running it that hard at all. 1.6 ohms and gain at

12
o clock position.Ideas?It was on for about 1 hour.

sanitarium

that sucks!!!
Try posting to the termpro.com forum

Lottsa quake users there, some mod their amps for comps and are familiar
with the PCB layout.

Garrett

"wicked1" wrote in message
Damnit! My amp gave out this evening. Why oh why. The protection light

was
not on and the temp light is not lit. Its lukewarm to the touch and

doesnt
smell burnt. If this damn thing came unsoldered again. Or could it be

the
fuse internally?I wasnt running it that hard at all. 1.6 ohms and gain

at
12
o clock position.Ideas?It was on for about 1 hour.

Captain Howdy

I had a problem like that with Audiocontrol a few years ago. I bough a
non-working Epicenter on Ebay, it turned out that the phone cord going to the
remote got shorted and totally fried and melted a single resistor in the
remote. I got on the phone and called Audiocontrol and asked them for the
resistor value, they told me that they can not give out specs to their
components, it's their company policy. So I said alright, can you give me the
color codes for the resistor in question? At which point they put me on hold
for 10 minutes and gave me the color codes for the resistor.