ALAIN39

Default AR turntable & Grado cartridge

I recently came into possession of an AR EB-101 turntable with a Grado MF-3
cartridge. Could anyone tell me anything about the cartridge, specifically its
stylus shape and recommended tracking force? Also, the turntable makes a faint
whirring noise when rotating, which is audible in a quiet room with my ear
about 1-2 feet away. I suspect it needs some lubrication, but I'm not sure
where the oiling points are. Any information and advice would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.
Alain