Dwight Hebert

Default Sherwood S-7100A Receiver amp

I have a Sherwood S-7100A Receiver vintage 1974 that I need a new
power switch for. Does any one know where I can find one?

Thanks
Dwight Hebert
Lake Charles, LA

Jerry G.

The only thing you can do is dig in to some of the major electronic supplier
and switch manufacture catalogs, to see how you can find a switch that would
generically match as close as possible.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Dwight Hebert" wrote in message
om...
I have a Sherwood S-7100A Receiver vintage 1974 that I need a new
power switch for. Does any one know where I can find one?

Thanks
Dwight Hebert
Lake Charles, LA

Tom Aurand

Barry Mann wrote:

In , on 10/09/03
at 09:32 PM, (Dwight Hebert) said:

I have a Sherwood S-7100A Receiver vintage 1974 that I need a new
power switch for. Does any one know where I can find one?

Finding old power switches is a challenge. Even though they are
standard parts, they are not available on the generic parts market.
Each equipment manufactures purchases standard switches (probably from
ALPS) in bulk. Many manufacturers use the same switch, but each assigns
their own part number. Even though the ALPS part number is often
stamped on the switch, no one publishes a cross reference.

Sometimes the power switch has two poles, but only one is in use. If
so, transfer the wires to the unused pole and you are set for another
30 years.

Another solution is to solder a bridge across the defective switch
section and use an external power switch -- such as a power strip.
(Note that the power strip was not designed to constantly switch on and
off. Don't expect that switch to last 30 years.)

SPAM:

wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)
[sorry about the puzzle, SPAMers are ruining my mailbox]

Lots of great advice from Barry. One other thing is to repair
the switch which can be done in many cases. You would
probably have to do that yourself as I can't imagine a repair
shop would be willing to. With substantial care many old
switches can be disassembled and reassembled. Clean the
contacts and re-lube the entire works with silicon dielectric
grease (as used on spark plug boots) from the auto parts
store. I've made em work. All fires caused by incorrect
techniques are your responsibility.