New Synth-Percussion Aesthetic I've Noticed since Last Year

Old February 21st 21, 08:16 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man

Default New Synth-Percussion Aesthetic I've Noticed since Last Year

In this YouTube video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJClsn3LiAg&t=90sec

The percussive add-on features a snare sound with just a touch of 3-4kHz, but enough to sound ANNOYING. I don't know of any snare that makes that sound in actual life.

I hear the same percussive signature in many TV and radio commercials also, but only as far back as mid-2020. Anyone else?
Old February 21st 21, 11:37 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 22/02/2021 8:16 am, Chris K-Man wrote:

> In this YouTube video:
>
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJClsn3LiAg&t=90sec
>
> The percussive add-on features a snare sound with just a touch of 3-4kHz, but enough to sound ANNOYING. I don't know of any snare that makes that sound in actual life.
>
> I hear the same percussive signature in many TV and radio commercials also, but only as far back as mid-2020. Anyone else?

Just a particularly annoying current EQ trend. The 'drumset' level is
also way OTT.

Must be incredibly annoying (painful even) on the also current trend of
over-bright headphones with lots of bass and subdued mids.

Old February 23rd 21, 01:50 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 5:37:51 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
> On 22/02/2021 8:16 am, Chris K-Man wrote:
> >

> > In this YouTube video:
> >
> > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJClsn3LiAg&t=90sec
> >
> > The percussive add-on features a snare sound with just a touch of 3-4kHz, but enough to sound ANNOYING. I don't know of any snare that makes that sound in actual life.
> >
> > I hear the same percussive signature in many TV and radio commercials also, but only as far back as mid-2020. Anyone else?
> >

> Just a particularly annoying current EQ trend. The 'drumset' level is
> also way OTT.
>
> Must be incredibly annoying (painful even) on the also current trend of
> over-bright headphones with lots of bass and subdued mids.
>
> geoff

____
There should be an emergency effort made to ensure that Gen--Ys and Zs learn what a real drum kit sounds like!