Jazz Videos

Old March 23rd 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Jazz Videos

If you need nice break here is a gal that YouTube recommended for me (perhaps because I listened to polymod's 'Route 66' a bunch of times on YouTube (it's great), and other jazz artists from the 60's).

Her talent and enthusiasm is just exceptional and the recordings are well done. All members of the band are excellent too and they use some nice microphones.

This is studio performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghGiF3-gDU

This is stage performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt15xaXyPeg

If you're not in the U.S. or these links don't work you can find the first one I listened to with this search (they didn't work for a friend of mine in Hawaii):

'gunhild carling mack the knife'

Gary V
Old March 23rd 20, 01:45 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 23/03/2020 1:41 pm, wrote:
> If you need nice break here is a gal that YouTube recommended for me (perhaps because I listened to polymod's 'Route 66' a bunch of times on YouTube (it's great), and other jazz artists from the 60's).
>
> Her talent and enthusiasm is just exceptional and the recordings are well done. All members of the band are excellent too and they use some nice microphones.
>
> This is studio performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghGiF3-gDU

> This is stage performance:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt15xaXyPeg
>
> If you're not in the U.S. or these links don't work you can find the first one I listened to with this search (they didn't work for a friend of mine in Hawaii):
>
> 'gunhild carling mack the knife'
>
> Gary V

And here (again) are a couple of YouTube videos with complex audio
recording, innotvative video editing, and superb musical skills. With a
little bit of humour thrown in.

Yeah I know - I have posted these before, buy hey ....

https://youtu.be/PG-jozmeYIo

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iiy_YfpVn0

Old March 23rd 20, 05:04 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 23/03/2020 2:45 pm, geoff wrote:
> On 23/03/2020 1:41 pm, wrote:
>> If you need nice break here is a gal that YouTube recommended for me
>> (perhaps because I listened to polymod's 'Route 66' a bunch of times
>> on YouTube (it's great), and other jazz artists from the 60's).
>>
>> Her talent and enthusiasm is just exceptional and the recordings are
>> well done. All members of the band are excellent too and they use some
>> nice microphones.
>>
>> This is studio performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghGiF3-gDU

>> This is stage performance:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt15xaXyPeg
>>
>> If you're not in the U.S. or these links don't work you can find the
>> first one I listened to with this search (they didn't work for a
>> friend of mine in Hawaii):
>>
>> 'gunhild carling mack the knife'
>>
>> Gary V
>>

> And here (again) are a couple of YouTube videos with complex audio
> recording, innotvative video editing, and superb musical skills. With a
> little bit of humour thrown in.
>
> Yeah I know - I have posted these before, buy hey ....
>
> https://youtu.be/PG-jozmeYIo
>
> and
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iiy_YfpVn0
>
> geoff

Or for the Abbey Road actual video (blocked by Youtube it seems, with
just a still) try he
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20673564/

Old March 24th 20, 01:02 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

wrote in message

If you need nice break here is a gal that YouTube recommended for me
(perhaps because I listened to polymod's 'Route 66' a bunch of times on
YouTube (it's great), and other jazz artists from the 60's).

<snip>

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words! That was a tough piece to
cover when the only thing you have is one transcribed bass line and two
ears.

Poly

Old March 24th 20, 02:18 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

I shot some friends of mine with nothing more than an iPhone 12Pro at Germano's here in Baltimore.

https://youtu.be/wLVGaQAyO5o

https://youtu.be/AFfIE7SV-oU

https://youtu.be/Me9dZHDHt_Q

I was very happy with the results.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Old March 24th 20, 02:26 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 6:03:03 AM UTC-7, polymod wrote:
> wrote in message
>
> If you need nice break here is a gal that YouTube recommended for me
> (perhaps because I listened to polymod's 'Route 66' a bunch of times on
> YouTube (it's great), and other jazz artists from the 60's).
>
> <snip>
>
> Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words! That was a tough piece to
> cover when the only thing you have is one transcribed bass line and two
> ears.
>
> Poly

I was very impressed with your effort. The song is exceptional too.

Gary V
Old March 24th 20, 02:30 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 5:41:25 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> If you need nice break here is a gal that YouTube recommended for me (perhaps because I listened to polymod's 'Route 66' a bunch of times on YouTube (it's great), and other jazz artists from the 60's).
>
> Her talent and enthusiasm is just exceptional and the recordings are well done. All members of the band are excellent too and they use some nice microphones.
>
> This is studio performance:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pghGiF3-gDU
>
> This is stage performance:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt15xaXyPeg
>
> If you're not in the U.S. or these links don't work you can find the first one I listened to with this search (they didn't work for a friend of mine in Hawaii):
>
> 'gunhild carling mack the knife'
>
> Gary V

Here's another unrelated one that is fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCYGyg1H56s
Old March 25th 20, 01:23 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 7:18:40 AM UTC-7, Ty Ford wrote:
> I shot some friends of mine with nothing more than an iPhone 12Pro at Germano's here in Baltimore.
>
> https://youtu.be/wLVGaQAyO5o
>
> https://youtu.be/AFfIE7SV-oU
>
> https://youtu.be/Me9dZHDHt_Q
>
> I was very happy with the results.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ty Ford

Yes, very good. Steve Jobs was an audiophile. He put considerable effort into the audio quality of his products and video later on the iPhone. I still enjoy listening to my original iPod and 2nd generation iPod. Most of what is on these devices is my own material at 16 bit, 44.1 sample rate.