Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jlkd

Default Pioneer DV563A - SACD ?

I'm new to the world of SACD. I meandered around these boards but
didn't find an answer to my question although I'm sure someone has
asked it before.

I bought the Pioneer DV563A and a SACD disc. I was able to configure
its playback with little problem on that SACD player connected to my
Yamaha HTR 5280 receiver and my 5.1 surround system. The DVD player
is connected via an optical cable to the receiver. I next purchased a
few "Hybrid SACDs" and I now find I'm unable to configure the player
correctly; they do not play on my system. I've gone into the DVD MENU
and tried every option on the Pioneer player:

In the menu 2ch Area/Multi-ch Area/CD Area. No playback on any of
these settings.

There is an addtional area in the menu Digital Out/DTS Out/Linear
PCM Out.
I am using the "Digital Out" setting. There is a small paragraph
labeled: "NOTE...There is no digital output when playing SACDs and
some DVD-A discs regardless of this setting." Hmmmm. I don't quite
understand this.

Do I need to additionally connect the player using Analog outputs and
then switch between the Digital output and the PCM output when
respectively playing SACD and their Hybrid versions?

Appreciate any help/insight someone can offer. As mentioned, I don't
have problems with true SACD; just the HYBRIDs.

thanks
judith

Review of Pioneer AVIC N1 Ed Car Audio 2 May 25th 04 12:27 AM
pioneer 7400MP add-ons [ Coder Car Audio 0 September 6th 03 07:39 PM
sub-$200 SACD player in a high-end system? Bob Audio Opinions 1 August 27th 03 03:33 AM
Pioneer Amp Recalls Jason Whorton Car Audio 1 July 13th 03 09:12 PM
Pioneer IP-BUS daisy chain... Pioneer headunit + AUX + Pioneer XM tuner... HELP! Tom R Car Audio 2 July 12th 03 03:18 PM