Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default How to get reverb on vocals while recording?

On 25/03/2015 10:24 a.m., Peibyn wrote:

Would be grateful to hear if technology has come up with new ways of
adding reverb to vocals while recording.

Why on earth would anybody want to do that ?

30 years ago (when I was recording vocals) the microphone fed into an
amplifier (the sort that guitarists use), the amplifier added the
reverb, and then a line went from the amplifier into the sound
recording equipment.

Why would anybody stick a mic into a guitar amp ?

This will still work of course, and today I saw that the local music
shop has an impressive array of amplifiers, and some are now quite
small and with more effects than just "Reverb", but I thought I ought
to check that there isn't some new or easier way.

Best way would be to do it properly in the first place, then add the
reverb after recording. Or if you insist, put a reverb unit between a
mic amp ( or mixer) and the recording device, or use a mixer's FX if
available.

geoff